800bhp NP300 Concept

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JPMC

Reaction score
Powered by a VR38DETT skyline engine.

Concept%205_zpsgc2ngavi.jpg

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/431770-svm-tuned-nissan-navara-np300-800bhp.html

Interestingly, the VR38DETT powerplant in the Nismo GT3 has two turbochargers with their own water-to-air intercoolers with a water pump each and develops 480hp (353kW)/588Nm (481lb/ft). I wonder where they got the extra power from? 800bhp is a substantial increase from stock (400hp from factory).

2.75" (70mm) is not bad for a 4L V6 petrol engine. Don't think it'd need much more (as a petrol engine, if it was diesel you'd say 4" 100mm required).

Lol, i was just taking the piss with the 2.75" thing. Thats very interesting about the dual water to air with separate pumps. Apparently it had air-con too!
Getting 800hp ot of a 500hp turbo engine isnt really that astonishing - I'd imagine that's fairly restrained. Can force as much air and fuel in as you want. Especially the jap turbo engines of the last 20- 30 years, can usually at least double the output on stock internals.
The Gt3, i imagine could have had as much as they wanted - it was a bit of a controversy how much boost they were running vs how much they said they would be running.

The stock base engine produced 300hp and the GTR produced 400hp so it was already beefed. The GT3 was beefed for race spec to 500hp so you're already approaching 2x the original power. At 800hp you're approaching 3x the original power.

You know what that means to my mind? The base Skyline with VR38DETT would last forever. Wonder if you could pop the plugs out, drop in some glows ... actually know someone that had run out of fuel and needed to get to the next town, so they knocked off some fuel from a tractor. Their HD Holden panel van actually made it.

I think your figures are a bit shy Tony. The current base model is near on 550hp stock. But yes if they are anything like previous model GTR's (rb26) the engine and trans would be built like a brick sheisen-housen.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...3PbAAyXbpYedU4IlQ&sig2=gPRaQHM9Ju3g61m_E0PVdw

Lol at the diesel holden. I had an LX hatch torana with a 202 that used to diesel after turning the ignition off sometimes.

Last edited:
I was taking my figures from the specs of the engine itself, not the GTR.

Silly amounts of power no matter which way you look at it. The GTR weighs 1.7T on the kerb with 3 times the power of my ute (which sits at around 2.5T). No wonder I only catch them when they're refuelling or being booked.

It doesn't particularly grab me either. The whole thing is just a photo chop by some kid on a forum. Its not even a thing. It would be a pretty cool engine swap though. Well, its never not cool to have 800hp anyway.

It doesn't particularly grab me either. The whole thing is just a photo chop by some kid on a forum. Its not even a thing. It would be a pretty cool engine swap though. Well, its never not cool to have 800hp anyway.

My sentiments to. If was real, with a 6 inch lift, rolling on 35's. It would be Bad Ass

I was taking my figures from the specs of the engine itself, not the GTR.

Silly amounts of power no matter which way you look at it. The GTR weighs 1.7T on the kerb with 3 times the power of my ute (which sits at around 2.5T). No wonder I only catch them when they're refuelling or being booked.

???

The first VR38DETT released made 480HP+ in stock form... These days they are around 550HP stock.

Its NOT the same engine as the 370Z....

Last edited:
Back