td27t engine with d21 gearbox

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datsun_nugget

Reaction score
hi has any one else put a td27t terrano engine in a d21 4x4 and butted it up to the navara gearbox?

if so has anyone else had clutch problems with this set up, or should i have put a matching terrano gearbox in my ute to match the motor?

cheers

To the OP. I replaced a standard TD27 (manual) with a TD27 turbo from a Terrano. The Terrano was auto so I used the original flywheel and clutch and cover plate. Only issue was getting the tacho to work. Ask for more detail if you decide to go that way.

i have the d21 and changing the engine to the td 2.7 turbo terrano. will the engine bolt straight onto the bell housing of the td 2.7 are they the same the terrano was auto

td27t

yes td27 is the the same as td27 turbo and yes they have the same gearbox as terrano you can use standard clutch or a turbo clutch kit .you can buy them off www.trademe .co.nz for around $230nz. i just use a non turbo clutch kit and its fine

any info would be great on getting the tacho to work will be doing the same eng swap this weekend with a clutch up grade to heavy duty just while it is all apart, plus a master cylinder reco as well [what the hell iv got the tools out]
cheers for the help

Do a search on here. Just read a post in the last couple of days talking about the difference between the TD27 and TD27T with the tacho connection.

Latest posts

Back