Help a ZD30 owner with 2.5cr Info

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan96

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been around the traps for a while but because I own a D22 ZD30 I usually don't read the D22 2.5cr stuff. But now that a mate picking one up I would like some opinions.

FYI it will be a 2008 D22 2.5cr 4x4 St-R with 40,000km
alloy bar
hard lid
tow bar
Stereo

1. are the 2008 still made in Japan or are they made in Thailand

2. The main issue I've seen with the 2.5cr is smoke blowing. Most being fixed with an ecu reset but some needing new injectors. Has this problem been reported more and more often

3. Are there any other issues i should be on the look out for with the 2.5cr

4. Seller is asking 32k. Looking to offer 28-29k. What sort of value are the 08 2.5cr going for

5. Tell me other things good or bad. Even if it what you had for dinner tonight.

Cheers

Nathan

1.D22 made in Japan until July 09
2. Have seen a few getting about blowing smoke but fingers crossed Nissan will cover that under warranty. Possibly a fault with the injectors, fuel pump or ECU. My Thai Tuk Tuk hasn't started doing it yet but with 30k on the clock it drinks like a fish compared to when it was new.
3. Unknown with Japanese built units but the Thais should have a spanner run over major components and the standard suspension thrown in the bin.
4. 32k is fair and reasonable depending on accessories fitted
5. I hate my D22 as an everyday vehicle but it does perform admirably offroad. I could go on for hours about my loathing for it but I'll spare you that and just say we are having my homebrewed Rogan Josh - extra hot - with coconut rice for dinner

No DPF on them. $32k far too much in my opinion, $28k more like it.
Mine is an Jan/Feb 08' D22 Jap Build, did hav smoking problems after around 20-25k, but ECU reset fixed it up. Now have around 32k on the clock.
I agree with Aido standard suspension is crap, especially for any sort of load carrying or heavier towing. Overall though, still very happy I purchased it.

Mate purchased it for $29k

I was surprised at the 2.5. Sorta the same as the ZD30 but different. Keeps up with traffic about the same. We'll see how it goes towing...

Back