Navigation unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micvw

Reaction score
Just purchased 2016 Np300 and noticed that map SD card is dated 2013. Started today and display came up stating new map available. Pls contact Nissan dealer. Has others had this notification? What year maps are they updated with?

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

No worries, called Nissan, this is a time prompt in the head unit and doesnt actually mran Nissan have an updated map. Wishful thinking. Guess I live with a 2013 map in a 2016 model.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Cause that's good enough isn't it.? Thanks again Nissan.
I hope you didn't just agree with that being okay

I had mine in for a service recently and was told a map update is available. It would cost $700.

I had mine in for a service recently and was told a map update is available. It would cost $700.

Are they serious, it would be cheaper to put in a new head unit. I know i would be telling them where to go.

Are they serious, it would be cheaper to put in a new head unit. I know i would be telling them where to go.

Yes they were serious. I have let my thoughts known to the Manager and he is contacting Nissan. Apparently there has been quite a few complaints about it.

Upgraded SD cards for Sat nav

Nissan are going to give a free upgraded SD card for the Sat Navs. My Dealer has told me they should be in by the end of the month and owners will be contacted.

I was given one from a Series 2 NP300 when mine was in for a recent service. Don't get too exited about the new maps. Roads around my area that have been built three years ago are not included. So the 'new' maps are about three or more years old.

Latest posts

Back