Electrical Firebug or a Electrical repair in my "Tug"

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highway man

Reaction score
Gentlemen!,

And indeed, I use this term with caution, In the rebuilding of my Dashboard, I have
made an error and buried my "Green" arrow head turning lights, but I can still hear the infernal clicking noise they make as I turn corners, while watching out for those
pesky pedestrians, on the Crosswalks, or so my Good Wife thinks of me, but,
It's the legs that get me every time, I just cannot ignore them, to be the death of me I fear,
Sorry, I wander yet again, can I just buy a pair of lights and put them on the dash-
board to be seen when turning, and what do I connect them too please, my
history was bedded in Engineering, not "Sparks", although I can certainly make them without really trying very hard, I might try "Jay-car" for my project, but I am
a bit worried about what I connect them to, so I ask for your collective help!

Best Regards,

highway man!:wristy:

hi highwayman,

have you lost the cables or have you replaced the dash with a custom setup?

cheers.

You could splice of the indicators and re- wire back to the dash but for the amount of work and the constant headache of finding a electrical fault. Your best option is to get an auto Electrican, tampering with those wires could disable them making you vehicle dangerous on the road. We have all had that crazy person who doesn't indicating when merging or turning, and I'll hate to think one of this sites esteemed members could be responsible for infuriating the public roadways. Though never let my words kill the dream and I commend you highway man for wanting to improve these great if not basic cars of the era. Cheers Mat

There are two possibilities here.

1) Single flasher-relay unit: this is triggered by completing the circuit with the indicator stalk, the indicator stalk provides the path to either left or right side of the car. With a single flasher-relay I'd be looking at the wiring off the back of the stalk. With luck, it will all pass through a single connector attached to the steering column. A test lamp should find it within a few minutes.

2) Dual flasher-relays (one for each side). You could use the method above, or tap directly into the relay itself.

Latest posts

Back