Oil filter change Navara D22 2000 VG30E

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorypark

Reaction score
Hi all. First time poster but frustrated as hell.

Like most on here I am servicing my Navara, model as indicated above. Done bits and pieces so far. Front disc pad change was easy as too the first 5 of the 6 plugs.

Still to get to #6.

However, the main reason for my post today is pertaining to the oil filter access on this little bugger. From the top or underneath her I just can't seem to get any access at all, and especially limited access so as to be able to apply an oil filter removal tool.

It's that limited for space I can't really even get my hand near the filter.

Surely there is something I haven't done or not doing right. From the top the header shield and steering drive shaft is smack bang in the way and from underneath it is not much better.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry i cant be of much help as i have no idea what the v6 engine bay looks like, but could you get one of these on it with an extension if you remove the heatshield and whatnot?
mt0428-00-03x.jpg

victorypark.
I went through this when I first bought my 2002 model V6 2wd. The trick is to go in through the wheel arch. either take the wheel off or put it on full left lock. You have to move the rubber guard out of the way then you can get in with a strap wrench and extension. Once you get it loosened you can spin it off from underneath. I cut up one of those thin plastic kitchen cutting sheets and used a bit of that as a shield to try and stop the oil running all over the starter. Wasn't 100% effective but stopped a fair bit. Once you get the filter undone its still a bugger to wriggle out. You have to wonder what the designers were thinking when they put the starter and, on the autos, the tranny oil pipes, all on the same side as the filter when there is a great open space on the other side.
Hope this helps
peter

Latest posts

Back