oil dripping out of the cold side intercooler pipes

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMGTZ

Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that there were a few oild spots onder my navara. when I investigated further I found there was a lot of oil around the intercooler pipe leading to the throttle body. I usually give it a bit of stick but have recently change my driving style...unemployed so got to make the fuel last longer. I have been babying it barely getting it to boost. perhaps the lower air speed isnt carrying the vapour from the crank case all the way to combustion. and its collecting on the pipes?

has any one run across this type of issue before? could it be a boost leak? seems to have the normal power and performance when I gave it boot full tonight. it did chuck out a bit of smoke...but it has a big exhaust with no dpf so I think that would be normal.

thought?

You have a boost leak.

Your change in driving style (producing less boost) has also slowed down the air flow speed and the temperature (more boost = hotter air). The result is the intercooler is now at a lower temperature and the oil is condensing inside the intercooler more readily.

Fix the boost leak and the problem is gone. Remove the hose from the intercooler and clean the inside thoroughly. Using petrol as a solvent here is FINE, just wipe it all up. A little 'smell' won't affect the operation of the motor at all.

At some point in the future you'll want to remove the intercooler altogether and flush it a few times with petrol.

the leak is actually coming from the seals on the Plaza man pipe I fitted. will remove and repalce the seals in that.

Is there a specific kit for the catch can with made up brackets and fittings?...or just a generic make it fit version..

Back