serpentine belt and pulleys

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackpete

Reaction score
Has anyone changed the serpentine belt and pulleys? I have a noise and think it is the alternator clutch pulley.You can hear the noise when cold mainly when you rev engine and take foot off acc. quickly. looks quite difficult to get to.My stx550 has done only 89,000kms.

i have heard that when the belts wear you do get this noise also use the genuine belts as the aftermarket belts arn,t very good and become noisy very quick.

Not a huge job to do. Although i had mine done under warranty.
The main culprit was one of the pulleys on the drivers side. Noisy for five minutes when cold. I think it had enough of spinning and decided to stop tight causing the belt to shred.
Its a case if taking off the engine cover, and undoing the tensioner. Maybe have to make some room if i remember by taking out the airbox and something else

Thanks guys I will try tomorrow and get the belt off to try and determine which pulley is noisey.My main concern was getting the tensioner off.They also say once belt pulleys and tensioner is removed never reuse.Have looked at the belt and looks ok.

Maybe for the petrol? At least it might be a start.
Either google or youtube might be another goto for the diy

I've replaced the belts and alternator and for what it's worth the bolts for removal are easier accessed by removing the inner guard on both sides.

I have got the belt off as suggested.You do have to take off the air intake from throttle body at top for access and get to tensioner from the bottom.The idler on drivers side was a little rough and alternator clutch pulley noisey. I will replace all and belt.

Latest posts

Back