Scubafreaks D40 (future mods to come)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubafreak

Reaction score
Hey guys just got a 2inch lift kit on my navara, just need to get some nice tyres now, then my stainless exhaust, chip and snorkel :) will keep photos updated as it progresses.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 17,228
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 255
  • P2180389.JPG
    P2180389.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 234
Iron man Rob, nice to ride, lifted back 60mm and front 50mm. Yea makes it look so much better with the lift, just need to get myself some new tyres and maybe rims to go with, depending on the kind of deal they want to give me

Nothing to exciting Dave, just a shower unit under the bonnet, still trying to mount the 12v pump underneath somewhere, just couple of othe little additions like lights and handles etc. When my mate has time he is gonna do a 3inch stainless exhaust then get it chiped. Going to have a look at some new tyres and rims thisweekend, so hopefully they give me a good deal and i'll have them on by the end of the weekend. any idea on good brands? i was thinking coopers or mickey thompsons.

then later on additions of those spray on tub liners and snorkel

The quality of the the rides over bumps ditches etc isn't a huge improvement but is noticeable, honestly would of like a bit more comfort but not complaining , but the change in height is huge improvement in my opinion and can notice the difference, all in all i'd say it was $1600 well spent considering i didn't have to leave home to get it all done.

Just went and bought some 265/75 today, but didn't realise nissan had changed the stud pattern slightly so i am very limited to what rims i can get now :( have to wait to prob the end of this year to has a nice variety to choose from, that sucks, but in saying that the tyres make the car look so much better, and it also raised the dif about another inch off the ground which is another good bonus, here are some pics of it.

Attachments

• P2210383.jpg
    P2210383.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 239
  • P2210384.jpg
    P2210384.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 215
  • P2210385.jpg
    P2210385.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 201
hey mate your truck looks great.
Just wondering if you got any pics/advise on your shower unit install?
Was thinking of using a helton unit myself but have not seen where people have mounted them or what hoses they have tapped into.

BTW have you removed your crappy factory sidesteps? I was thinking of doing the same as they are so ugly but was worried about stone chips etc.

once again nice truck.

Cheers
Brian

1200 for the tyres, fitted balanced etc, they have some double thickness walls and some other silcone insert in them, been told they are one of the best tyres out there now, even coppers and MT don't have this technology yet, 90,000 warranty replaced if they puncture etc good deal i thought.

With the shower kit, i will get some photos 2morrow of where i installed the unit, the lines i tapped into etc, where i mounted the 12v pump and so forth. not much room under the bonnet of the D40 so was a bit of a bitch to install but works well. Only thing is you need to sit the revs on about 12-1300 to get the shower warm, heard the diesels run cold compared the the petrols.

yes i got rid of the steps haha, yea i am a little bit to, but also they have some rubber kinda of paint on the lower part of the car to stop chips but on the doors it is vulnerable

Scrub

Nice ride.....Did you fit the lift kit yourself? Ironman are doing a free freight deal at the mo and if its easy enough to fit i might have a crack? It'll be either Ironman or EFS at this stage.

Are the chrome handle surrounds easy enough to fit??

didn't do the kit myself, he had to weld a a section in above the leaf spring, yea man the chrome surrounds are a piece of piss they just slide on under the handle, and stuck on with double sided tape, just like the tail light surrounds and the handle on the back tail gate

That looks better.

Notice any power loss with the bigger tyres. You can feel it in the D22's.

Dave.

Yea noticed a little bit of power loss in the lower end but apart from that wouldn't say it is much of a difference, hopefully get my exhaust in a few weeks time, should help it out a bit

Yea noticed a little bit of power loss in the lower end but apart from that wouldn't say it is much of a difference, hopefully get my exhaust in a few weeks time, should help it out a bit

Ok cool. I am gonna start looking at intercooler's soon for mine.

Should help abit.

Dave.

Back