cross country intercooler kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris T

Reaction score
Has anyone fitted the cross country 4x4 intercooler kit looks professional and very tidy and priced ok .Just looking at fitting a intercooler just incase the turbo fail's .The x country is the only top mount I have found on the market or then you can go to front mount but my concern with them is cutting of the body .Because at a later date if you remove the intercooler there will always have holes in the body.

theres a few threads on them. i'm not a fan of the location of the intercooler. i don't know if anyone here has one yet.

have a read through the other threads as well.

i don't like the location of the cooler. its right above the alternator which will be blowing hot air up towards the IC and its also almost right above the turbo. both are big heat sources so it going to suffer some BIG heatsoak ie heat up lots when the motor is stopped or insufficient airflow flowing through the cooler.
a fan would be a must tho not sure if there is room as the air cleaner to turbo pipe is right under it. edit: it has 10" fan under it.

a front mount would be better. no bonnet to cut up but longer pipes and it usually has one pipe in a fairly exposed location. performace wise will be better than the top mount.

Back