tub movement

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RASCAL

Reaction score
guys

dont know if this is me being stupid but last night i happened to look in my rear veiw mirror to see that the tub (or the ute part ) vibrates a bit is this normal or not

Mine does I can see the upright of the canopy window move what appears to be several inches but I'm sure it's not that much. It looks worse by the amount you actually see in the rear vision mirror but you'll find pretty much all vehicles where the body is in several parts will have some independent movement. I wouldn't worry too much until the tub falls off, then get some bigger bolts

Don't forget about cabin movement as well. They move quite a bit and its probably moving more than the tub. Compare the movement to your bullbar if you have one.

just as i thought it just spun me out a little was all just thought i would check

Check your body mounts as they are known to work loose on D22's as the rubber compresses. I though my bullbar was about to fall off it seemed to move so much but then I tightened the body mounts and it was a lot better.
Cheers

Maybe , Rascal........you could have my luck - and drop a cab bolt / plate thingy out on a busy road........then have to run back and get it while dodging traffic.........not bad for a vehicle not even 6mths old !!!!!!!!

funny story that i decided to put up on the hoist because on start up and whaen driving real slow on road with a few pot holes i have a ping noise if you would call it that coming from the rear of the cab . my dad reckoned i was just being picky but it turnes out that im missing the rear drivers side mount bolt and a the other side was as loose as. for a new on they want 84 + gst so im not sure what im going to to there as the noise really gets to me

When I had my D22 I had 2 separate occurrences where a bolt in the tub broke which caused squeaking / rattling noises while driving.

Worthwhile checking them.

whats the go with this is it worth taking them all out and appliing some loctite to the threads ?

Forget paying top $$ at Nissans for the bolts, just get any old bolt with a 1mm thread. (I think)
I lost a bolt and cap washer a few mouths back; sill had the rubber, and cost all of $1.50.
Peter ST R is bang on, it’s a common thing on the 22.

Sorry to bring up a old post, but my tub is doing exactly the same thing, moving INCHES though.

I did notice a cab bolt was missing so i stole one off my brothers work ute on the sly and put in, tub still moves quite a bit, the same with my bull bar. So i figure it HAS to be the cab moving so much, which would probably explain why its such a damn jumpy and rattly ride when driving.

After re-reading this post i will try to tighten the bolts on the w/e, how tight is tight? aka i don't want to strip threads and crap. I have access to a torque wrench at work. Also would lock tight be the go?

Thanks in advance

Brett

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up a old post, but my tub is doing exactly the same thing, moving INCHES though.

I did notice a cab bold was missing so i stole one off my brothers work ute on the sly and put in, tub still moves quite a bit, the same with my bull bar. So i figure it HAS to be the cab moving so much, which would probably explain why its such a damn jumpy and rattly ride when driving.

After re-reading this post i will try to tighten the bolts on the w/e, how tight is tight? aka i don't want to strip threads and crap. I have access to a torque wrench at work. Also would lock tight be the go?

Thanks in advance

Brett

you stole ur brothers bolt off his ute lol!!

it wouldn't hurt to have loctite. but if you have plans to have a body lift in the near future then i wouldn't advise it.

you stole ur brothers bolt off his ute lol!!

it wouldn't hurt to have loctite. but if you have plans to have a body lift in the near future then i wouldn't advise it.

Yeh mate, he was leaving. His boss is a DICK, so did the dirty.

No plans on a body lift so wont hurt. But how tight would you think is acceptable? i don't want to over tighten being a nissan and all, probably china's lowest grade steel bolts and i wouldn't want to imagine the pain of a bolt fking up. Guess i will just go by feel.

Thanks for your help mate, will do it when i get a second.

Brett

Latest posts

Back