standard bull bar indicators/lights replacement.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simonness

Reaction score
hey guys.

not sure if this has been covered before but i couldnt find a thread for it so just point me in the right direction if there is one =]

I was just wondering why there are blinkers and driving lights on the factory bull bar when the headlights already have it,

so im thinking if its possible to remove the whole light fitting ( indicators and driving lights are one piece ) and put in spotties or something useful.

any help/ advice would be awesome!

Simon

They are there because of the bar uprights obscuring the factory lights.
I am currently looking at fitting driving lights into there if I can find something appropriate and replacing the indicator with a little LED unit above that position.
Besides those park/indicator units are crap. I keep goldfish in mine.
The globes also only lasted 6 weeks out of the dealer and so they have been replaced already - not going to bother again at this stage as I frighten the goldfish every time I indicate.

are i understand now..i rather put my own aftermarker LED indicator on the side on the bull bar and stick spotties in there, iv been to supercheap auto but nothing that'l fit..maybe il widen it up since its only thin alloy.

oh btw, off topic here, hows ur suspention now? and how did u correct it? mine sux!! hehe

No really you want to get me started?
At the moment it is terrible. Tommorow it will be fantastic with a big but....Last week it was fantastic but I had to switch out the good shocks for the inferior and tomorrow I will reverse that again for an inspection at a so called reputable after market supplier.

Lights
If you take the plastic insert that holds the indicator park light assembly and flip it 180 degrees then you will find that they then have a rear surface that angles out at about 60 degrees from the centre axis of the vehicle. I plan to use this to proved lighting to the sides of the vehicle by fitting floods into there using the existing plastic surround before chopping up the bar. Just need to find some lights that are 65mm x 160mm give or take. I already have a spot / flood combo on the centre bar for forward projection and these side lights are to provide light cast outwards.
Grab a phillips head screw driver and whip them out and you'll see what I mean.

ya iv been in the bullbar already, just need some that fit! and for the indicator problem, i have solved ( will be solving ) with flexible LEDs or some indicators and fix them to the bar

but i wnt do that will we find lights that fit or till i find some that are close and chop the damn bar.

when u switched the shocks to make it better, did u have to lift ur car? in not then which shocks did u use?

and would you be able to tell me what "foul" means in the sentence " ...returned because they foul the upper control arms.."

im so newb at this stuff =]

Slow down on the typing. Your speaking in tongues :smile:
Ok at some point over this weekend - maybe tonight I will detail all the changes I have made to my suspension - I'll send you a link/pm to it when I get to it
By foul I mean the control arm and the shock absorber happily crash together at full compression causing damage to one and both.
Lift = no
I have a very strong argument against "Lifting" a standard IFS (Independent Front Suspension) vehicle it cant be done.
All that is another story so lets just carry on looking at the bright lights for now!

ah i understand now.

i might go shop around tomorrow and see if i can find some lights that will fit in there cause i want to prep the car for a trip up to the snowy mountains ( thredbo or perisher ) and atm i cant see very far ahead and with the navara's stopping distance i think its abit unsafe without extra lights.

if i cant find lights that will fit inside then il just have to buy cheapo spot lights and use them for the snow trip then replace it ( or not ) after =]

tell me how you go on your search tho!

Simon

Will do.
I have put a post up about them but The Souper cheap spotlights are pretty good. Previously known as Night Stalkers but are now repackaged in SCA livery. I have the 170's and they throw out a decent amount of light to clearly illuminate another 200m beyond the standard high beams and everything in between. I saw them lest week for $119 spot / spread combo and they are well worth it.
Still on the hunt for side lighting using that area though.

super cheap is good aye? might jst get myself a pair today.

is it illegal to have the spotties NOT on the same circuit as the headlights? i cbb lookin for it today,
might jst have the goin from battery-relay-button/switch.

what do you think?

Quick question, slighty off topic, is the GU Patrol bull the same as a D22 03 model or are they interchangable?
I mean do they look the same?

Cheers

Chassis is different and I dare say the mounts are different, not worth the effort of modding.

I have TJM clear indicator covers in my Nissan bar.

Dave.

Cheers Dave.

Still a bit of a novice here on this site, how does the chat thingy work?

It would be good to access it and ask questions through chat rather than asking noob questions on irrelevant discussion/subject.

Owen

The chat thing has been turned off as it slowed things down to much.

It was pretty much identical to the facebook chat.

Mate if your after info use the search and if you cant find it post up a new thread.

Enjoy the site and dont hesitate to ask questions, everyone here is old enough to respect everyone elses opinion.

Dave.

is it illegal to have the spotties NOT on the same circuit as the headlights? i cbb lookin for it today,
might jst have the goin from battery-relay-button/switch.

what do you think?

Apparently it is.
I read the rules the other day and found that.
Mine are only wired to the single switch but soon enough I will hook them into the high beam circuit. Interesting to note that I don't recall reading anything about them having to have a switch to isolate them from the high beam circuit though. I could be wrong because I wasn't really looking for that info and it is a big and laborious document to get through.

yer my friend told me it was illegal but il fix it up later.

took me almost 5hrs ( i know, im jst crap lol) but i got the spotties workin, i got a different switch/button from Jaycar tho, thats wat took so long

the button is almost flush but has its own illumination which looks awesome! but i think its gona fudge me up as i didnt wire the button's power thru the Accessory so right now the button's light is on all the time

flat battery soon i think hehe

didnt take a photo but i will nxt time to show u that button:)

Latest posts

Back