What do you take camping? Fridge, esky(s) or both?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What covers your cooling needs?

• Fridge (12v powered)

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Esky(s)

Votes: 28 32.2%
  • Both

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Pff who needs cooling, warm beer & rancid meat for me!

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Jason

Reaction score
Im just looking at getting a Techni Ice Esky Package as they have some specials on at the moment and was just wondering what others take camping with them? I will probably get the 120Ltr + 40Ltr + 12Ltr combo and perhaps a Waeco/Engel fridge later on.

I take my Waeco everywhere with me, CF40 big enough for me when working and with the wife and 2 young kids on the weekends. Still cant beat the esky full off ice also on those big day trips...........

2 eskys for now,1 for food and 1 for beer.I would like a esky with a shelf in it to keep the food out of the ice melt.The Tecni ice look good but no shelf and i would check the measurements of them to make sure they fit under your tonneau or hard lid.

We are still using ours 23 year old engel 35 Litres fridge-freezer its been on Gibb River Road,Warburton Road,Canning Stock Route,Gunbarrel Hwy x2 and alot of other trips. Only have replace a thermostat and a lid over that time.

The 110lt waeco does the wife, and 3 kids, it stays permanatley in the back, as it to dam heavy to lift

Ive got the 40L engel. Im never going back to eskys again. so much easier.

70lt Explorer, genuine freezer section, twin thermostats, built to last, awesome fridge..

Evakool fridgemate 70L

Haven't used it camping yet (had it on 240v since i got it though) but i wont miss the trips to servo or for ice!

Yep, if its just a day trip or overnighter you gotta have the ice box as well, cant beat stubbies on ice.... I have the explorer 70lt plus engel 40lt for shorter trips and ice box, all options covered to ensure cold beer at beer o'clock...

CF-60 Waeco saw us through two solid weeks of meat eating and beer drinking no probs at all. can't buy ice in the middle of the simmo

I ended up buying a 50lt Waeco, fits perfectly under the support bar used for the soft tonneau so sits there on trips and the tonneau/bar holds it nicely in place.

Latest posts

Back