Roll bar on RX

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo77

Reaction score
Just wondering can you fit the chrome roll bars from the STX onto the RX model? Have read the tub is a bit different.

Cheers.

Hi Thommo,

It's a "sports bar" not a roll bar - has no structural value whatsoever. As long as the trays are the same width there would be no reason why they can't mount.

Shame you aren't in Canberra - mine is going to the rubbish tip this weekend.

Can't give the darn things away lol

I was thinking of dropping mine off to the aluminium recyclers. I wonder how many cans it's worth?

Tell me if they even give you a price for recycling one. I'm not really worried about getting money for mine and while it's in storage and not taking up space for anything else it can stay there until I figure out if some money is better than none.

How'd you go Tommo77 - have you mounted a sports bar on your RX yet?
Out of interest - mine is a 2006 RX (Spanish built) - what is yours? The reason I ask is just incase there is a difference in width between Thai and Spanish built Navs.

Hi Thommo,

It's a "sports bar" not a roll bar - has no structural value whatsoever. As long as the trays are the same width there would be no reason why they can't mount.

Shame you aren't in Canberra - mine is going to the rubbish tip this weekend.

If anyone wants to chuck their sports bar in Melbourne area let me know, my RX needs one!

How'd you go Tommo77 - have you mounted a sports bar on your RX yet?
Out of interest - mine is a 2006 RX (Spanish built) - what is yours? The reason I ask is just incase there is a difference in width between Thai and Spanish built Navs.

i have a 2006 rx vsk build and yes the sports bar does fit..see my garage

all tubs are the same dimensions and the bar does fit. customer wanted a hard tonneau for his rx but nissan doesn't make em so we got a spare bar from the ones we take off when people put canopies on. i got one on my d21 and it fits too no probs.

I have like 3 of the damm things
I actually replaced mine with the bar from a Hilux
Needed a bit of work but now at least I can use the damm thing to mount lights on and know it wont just fold .

i have a 2006 rx vsk build and yes the sports bar does fit..see my garage

Nismo4x4 - thanks for your reply. Is that also a hard top from STX? So many different stories going around about the different size tubs! Did you have to modify it to fit - or straight bolt on? Does it matter what year STX it comes off? Cheers

Back