Cape York 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerard13

Reaction score
Just curious to see who is making the trek via OTL this year and when they intend to head up? Went last year for the first time and have the fever so I will be heading up again.

Yep, heading up probably end of June at this stage for a couple of weeks. Can't wait

I'd love to do the cape but can't justify the time at the mo.
Does anyone know if its possible to put the car on a train or something from Sydney to Cairns and fly into Cairns and go from there?
The time involved in driving there and back puts it out of my reach

I have heard of people doing exactly that and I reckon its a bloody good option living so far south. Don't know any company names but you're not the first to do it.

Drove Townsville to Canberra in 2 x 12 hour days. 2000ks in 24 hrs.

It was a long drive but the highway is really good. We sat on 117ks per hour.

3 hours from townsville to cairns.

Cheers

i'm looking at the train to cairns thing also. thinking maybe next year if possible... 30 hours on a train might be tough though for the young fella

the drive up is always more enjoyable than the drive back home. At least on the way up you have something to look forward to (i.e. the holiday) and then you can check out all the stops and towns on the way there (we live in a top country so go have a look at it). Coming home, esp if over 1500km, all you got to look forward to is working again :( I'd drive up and then train the car home. Have fun on the trip!

haha forgot i have to come back also.... yeah don't want to do train both ways

well whoever is keen we are going to do it next year now.starting off in healesville to mildura to brokenhill over to and through the flinders ranges then along oonandatta track then over to ayres rock and kings canyon then up to kunnonurra and the bungle bungles then to katherine then leitchfield national park,darwin kakadu around to the cape and back down the east coast.we sould keep in touch about this subject for those that want to do sections of the trip if not the whole thing

Latest posts

Back