ARB Deluxe bar colour on a ST

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stunub

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I've just bought a ST and after a couple of months feel it's time to start upgrading.

I want to get a bit more protection up front and have picked the Deluxe bar. But my problem is what colour, I have the desert sand (or gilver as I call it)

The ST has body coloured mirrors and door handles compared to the STX which are silver and black. I feel a black bar would be too heavy on the gilver car. I though a polished silver because of the sports bar and rear bumper, but they will eventually be replaced by a better rear bar and canopy. My only other options are to get one the same colour or a few shades lighter/darker.

Cheers

Stunub

stainless steel pretty much goes with any colour mate and easier to maintain than polished alloy. plus its stronger if ur wanting protection..in terms of weight for the front end its worth it...u can always get heavier duty front coils.

Hard one....polished silver is a hard thing because of course ARB don't do alloy.

Colour coded would probably look fairly good in the colour you have (in my humble opinion).

Hard choice though if you are upgrading/replacing other barwork later on.

My D40 is white so for me it was a simple choice - black barwork. Mine has a full compliment of ARB barwork - protection steps, rear step...if they were white, well in my opinion it would have looked rather "80's".

It's a tough choice you face....a double edged sword. I think the front end will look good with a colour coded bar, but the back end risks looking "heavy" with all that colour coding....

i think black is best on any colour, then later black sidesteps, black rear bar, black roof racks, black sunnies etc etc

stainless steel pretty much goes with any colour mate and easier to maintain than polished alloy. plus its stronger if ur wanting protection..in terms of weight for the front end its worth it...u can always get heavier duty front coils.

Stainless steel bullbar? Geez it would be worth a fortune!

Thanks guys, think ill go the colour coded one, saw a Patrol in town today which was a similar colour and it looked rather good.

i think black is best on any colour, then later black sidesteps, black rear bar, black roof racks, black sunnies etc etc

just make sure they paint the whole bar..i hear that metal's really hard to paint. lol:big_smile:

i got a colour coded deluxe bar from arb and they did a better job of painting it than nissan did on the car.

throw a picky up when ya get it fitted.

Back