Ridgie's ride.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgie

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Thought I would walk you through what I've done to my Nav.

Started out in Aug 2009 with a 2006 D22 3lt TD. It came with the factory steel bar, 170 Lightforce, GME UHF & aerial, and custom alloy racks.

Attachments

• DSCF6394.jpg
    DSCF6394.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 25,955
  • DSCF6396.jpg
    DSCF6396.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
Then came the ARB canopy, Safari snorkel, Old Man Emu medium leaf springs and OME nitrocharger shocks. I also added the Rhino racks.
The canopy has a slide window on one side, with dog mesh. The other side is a lift up. It also has a flip up air vent on the roof.

Attachments

• p291209.jpg
    p291209.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 268
  • s291209.jpg
    s291209.jpg
    223.8 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
In February 2010 I added
TJM transfer case guard,
Lightforce 240 Blitz's,
Ironman awning.
I also added the 'puppybars' to keep the dogs safe.
And at some point I added the Billet diff breathers - didn't touch the factory transfer case & gearbox as they are all good.

Attachments

• DSCF6796.jpg
    DSCF6796.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 309
  • DSCF6844.jpg
    DSCF6844.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCF6850.jpg
    DSCF6850.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 273
  • DSCF6851.jpg
    DSCF6851.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 321
MTZ's and wheels.

This week I added:
Mickey Thompson MTZ 265/75/16.
16x8 King wheels, with a +20 offset.
Had the factory torsion bars wound up - not all the way.
Fitted a TJM sump guard and some Rhino shovel holders.

:victory:

Attachments

• DSCF6838.jpg
    DSCF6838.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 395
  • DSCF6845.jpg
    DSCF6845.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 381
  • DSCF6839.jpg
    DSCF6839.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 344
  • DSCF6837.jpg
    DSCF6837.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 488
Last edited:
Somewhere along the way I picked up two great mods.

The second one is very useful while waiting for pics to upload!

Cheers.

:big_smile:

Attachments

• DSCF6840.jpg
    DSCF6840.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 234
  • DSCF6853.jpg
    DSCF6853.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Is that the Old Gipps Town exit over the fence in the back ground of the 4th post. Kind of looks like the wooden fence on the freeway and I can think where else I've seen fences like that around here.

I have seen a few silver D22's around the area but I don't think I've seen yours, nice looking ute.

Bloody hell mate...........don't miss a trick.

Yep - it's behind the ruins that were once the Moe Lions pub.

I live in Traf East and work in Morwell. Only go to Moe to get groceries or wash the car - which is what I did before the pics.

The wheels only went on last Wednesday.

Cheers.

Bloody hell mate...........don't miss a trick.

Yeah guess I've been around here to bloody long when I can pick out the sites of Moe, and for those who don't know that site is probably one of the best ones.

I live in Traf East and work in Morwell. Only go to Moe to get groceries or wash the car - which is what I did before the pics.

I'm working in Morwell at least one day next week and then for a few hours in Moe (worse luck). Like you I only go there is I have to but I wont be getting a car wash, that happens in Morwell.

Yeah guess I've been around here to bloody long when I can pick out the sites of Moe, and for those who don't know that site is probably one of the best ones.

Haha. I love buying things over eBay from Moe, just to have a chance to visit that beautiful town one more time.

One thing I would strongly recommend. Throw the standard torsion bars in the bin and go see Brett at 4x4 obsession Melton for a set of EFS bars fitted for $355 - $400 including wheel alignment.
Best mods ever! fair trip for you though but well worth it.

Thanks Aido.

Ray at Morwell Springs has advised to leave the standards on for a bit longer - they have plenty left in them - sag is minimal - and then fit EFS.

I was going for the EFS, and I may just do that soon.

Haha. I love buying things over eBay from Moe, just to have a chance to visit that beautiful town one more time.

Ha ha ha........I grew up in Bendigo. Moved to Gippsland with work. Although Moe and Morwell may not be on the 'Best Towns to Visit' list - the surrounds of the Latrobe Valley and Gippsland have some of the best country in Victoria.

Now lads -get back on track - check out my truck!

How many pairs of second hand moccasins do you need?

Ridgie if you haven't already done so get a GPS with atleast Sensis data on it and take some of the hills to the south of Morwell, start on bitumen somewhere around Boolara or the like, go until you hit gravel then take any APM or log truck track you can find.

They may not be full of bog holes and low range work but there is plenty of great scenery and some fun to be had. Deep in the trees there is some brilliant places that are low range only but most of it is just fun dirt, or slop if it's been raining.

A GPS wont know all the tracks but in general around that area if you can find a house the GPS will then get you back to a main road, of course the other way to do it is just follow your nose, you can only end up in a few places and it's just a matter of finding a landmark.

While these tracks aren't specifically weekend only tracks it does pay to heed the log truck warnings 5 days a week and listen to your CB, nothing ruins fun quicker than a log truck hood ornament.

Whitelaws Track and Grand Ridge Road are two good starting points and any GPS should find them fairly easily. From there it's just follow the rutted dirt road.

hey mate
nice rig
where did you get the barwork in the tray from?
curious because im a tradie and am looking for a set

cheers
Ridgey

where did you get the barwork in the tray from?
curious because im a tradie and am looking for a set

Hi R1DG3Y,

The bars were on it when I got it - not sure where they came from. Gone now - sold them on ebay for $300.

Cheers.

Great looking ride Ridgie, looking at getting some 16x8 Allied Wheels in a +20 offset, how do you find your setup, any scrubbing or getting many stones thrown up on side of truck?
Ironman awning all good? Cheers Matt

Back