Liqui Moly cleaning aids.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLA

Reaction score
There seems to be a need to regularly use service cleaning aids to prevent a buildup of gunk in the inlet area.
The service agents are right on to this and charge between 60 and 500 dollars to squirt in a can of cleaner? or so it seems.
Liqui Moly seems to be popular for this solution.
Intake cleaner aerosol
Cleaner for injectors
Product that liquefies coke in the inlet and converts it to something like crude oil.
etc.

I feel if we know how to do these tasks ourselves then they can be done more regularly, properly and at much lower cost. Some products require removing fuel hoses etc.

Anyone have a guide on how to use each of these products?
There are many attempts at this on eBay but the products don't seem to align with their descriptions.

I am hoping someone can name several products that cover different areas and also provide the "how to" as well.

Any other types of products recommended also?

There seems to be a need to regularly use service cleaning aids to prevent a buildup of gunk in the inlet area.
The service agents are right on to this and charge between 60 and 500 dollars to squirt in a can of cleaner? or so it seems.
Intake cleaner aerosol
Cleaner for injectors
Product that liquefies coke in the inlet and converts it to something like crude oil.
etc.

I feel if we know how to do these tasks ourselves then they can be done more regularly, properly and at much lower cost. Some products require removing fuel hoses etc.

There are many attempts at this on eBay but the products don't seem to align with their descriptions.

I am hoping someone can name several products that cover different areas and also provide the "how to" as well.

Don't get caught up in all the BS hype with these products, use good clean diesel and stick with that!

Interesting response - not what I expected.
V6 3.0 litre
Checked eBay - catch cans range in price from $99 plastic to $440 stainless.
Any thing to look out for?
The $440 is s/s and comes with all the V6 hoses etc.
Will any can do the job? eg. $99

I have seen writeups about the EGR blanking plate along with errors etc.
If you install the blanking plate do you have your engine fault light on from then on?

Have a look at what Forefront Industries offer. It's a good piece of kit and quite a few owners here have one.

EGR blanking MIGHT bring on the Check Engine Light but ifit does, it's only because the flow sensor has not detected EGR flow. A 6mm hole in the middle of the plate usually fixes that.

Intake cleaner aerosol
Cleaner for injectors
etc.

There's quite a lot of info and videos on google/you tube, but it would be good to have them in one place!

Tony: CatchCan: Forefront Industries on order - Washable filter, drain, relief valve, universal mounting.
May consider an intercooler clean someday but I have to remove the ARB bullbar first to remove the intercooler.
I'll fit that and stop the flow immediately.

Blanking Plate: Read articles with differing opinions, then also compliance.
One day it will be detectable on the highway?

Still processing the help with the Moly products. WIth both mods (catchcan & blank plate) I think we are saying cleaning is not required.

fitting an EGR Blanking Plate is the main item that will keep your intake mainifold etc clean , for the cheap cost of fitting this simple plate it is well worth it.

I suppose this is more of a joke than being serious but if we install a catch can, how do we know when our intercooler system is leaking? Before we had a puddle of oil, now we don't.

I suppose this is more of a joke than being serious but if we install a catch can, how do we know when our intercooler system is leaking? Before we had a puddle of oil, now we don't.

No catch can is perfect you will still get some oil getting through

well where would the puddle of oil come from if the intercooler had a leak ?
is the Catch Can plumbed up from the Intercooler ?

You do see black stains emanating from turbo boost leaks. But you can also hear them. At best they sound like a banshee, or a kazoo being blown by a drunken blonde, and at worst they sound like Elton John eating Mexican food.

heeps of info on net about this and other interesting sprays.

i use egr cleaner from repco and intake clearer from lm (not at same time)i just do it befor oil change. i prefer the intake cleaner from lm.

i havent put in injector clearer or system conditioner for a wile now as i dont think its needed it.

Just thinking maybe you could vent your engine breather to atmosphere thru both chassis box sections, thus coating the inside of chassis rails with oil which in turn stops the corrosion and stops the chassis splitting in half. Getting around 2 problems at once :) http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=34470

That's not only hilarious it's practical! :rofl2:

Latest posts

Back