STX 550 Reverse Camera issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stewie

Reaction score
Hi All,
I've had an intermittent fault with my reversing camera the standard STX 550 head unit since new which its simular to having bad TV reception on analogue signal, its pain as its intermittent and just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue and or does anyone have a wiring diagram which I can use to trace fault?
Regards Stuart

This is the intermittent problem i have with mine, is yours the same? i took the cover off the tailgate yesterday and looked at the 4 pin plug as suggested but it looked spotless so i just sprayed some wd40 in anyhow, i'll see how it goes!!

Attachments

• rev.cam1.jpg
    rev.cam1.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 119
  • rev.cam2.jpg
    rev.cam2.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 105
Guys,

Same issue with mine a while ago.. Did all the right things for fault finding.. It was the camera. and was replaced by nissan under warranty..

Good luck......Hope this helps..

thanks all, I checked the 4 pin connector in the tailgate for camera and unplugged it and looked okay, I wiggled the wiring around no problems, checked voltage which was 12.6 volts put all back together and hasn't faulted since.....although the fault was intermittent so odds on it will fault again down the track.
Stewie

The four pin connector is of a high quality and waterproof.
It's strange that it could cause the issue.
Since to original post I too have this intermittent problem where it has played up for a few days each time and then came good.
The fault doesn't look like a bad connector, in my case the pic goes dark and tears in places.
A bad connector would not cause those symptoms.
The yellow lines that moves and assists with reversing does not tear and I imagine would be mixed in with the camera video after it reached the console equipment.
This points to the camera as being the fault.
There is an association with rain but I'm not sure yet.
Perhaps the camera fails when it gets wet?

Latest posts

Back