where to put the spare wheel D21

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawright

Reaction score
hi we just came back from a camping trip and we found that with the firewood and everything else loaded we were a bit full.

so my question is who has got the best idea as to where to put the spare wheel

Hrmm.

The only alternative I've seen to behind the axle is against the back window?

OR

Be awesome and build a spare wheel carrier, wagon style, to go behind your tray.

well behind the back window wont work i dont think as there is a gas tank, behind the tailgate could work but will require some work on the roof was a thought that just came to me. underneath could be an option but i can imagine stuck in the mud out in the bush having to retrieve the wheel from underneath. can they be mounted to the bull bar?

So you have two gas tanks, one in the spare wheel well, and one behind the back window?

On the roof is possible but has a plethora of disadvantages. Higher centre of gravity, higher drag, need to make sure your roof rack is built to handle it, can't get through low clearance areas...

no only behind the window none underneath.
i see your point with on the roof there is also higher fuel consumtion and loss of speed at some times

pawright

are you talking about a 2nd spare wheel, or THE spare wheel.

If its for a 2nd spare wheel, i'll be putting mine on the roof racks - as it will only be up there if i'm doing trips where i want a 2nd spare. Most of the time it will stay at home. Not too worried about a bit extra fuel consumtion, as i'll already be loaded and towing a campertrailer - so fuel ecconomy will be crap anyway. I might even be able to put the 2nd spare on the campertrailer ... still working on that.

If your talking about the original spare (located under the tray), i dont see any need to locate it elsewhere, even if your stuck in mud. If your needing to change a tyre in the mud, you will struggle to safely lift the vehicle anyhow - i'd extract the car from the mud before worrying about changing the tyre.

Latest posts

Back