help on DIY project

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimoneous

Reaction score
Hey all,
I recently purchased a set of 31" muddies, but need to knock the small lip behind the front mud guard out of the way to stop scrubbing.

I know it's probably simple, but if anyone has some advice, or pics and explanation would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I just took the wheels off and cut them in place with a dremel and a tiny cutting disc. At the right speed they cut through without melting and give a nice smooth cut without any rough edges. Can't really tell its not standard.

I just took the wheels off and cut them in place with a dremel and a tiny cutting disc. At the right speed they cut through without melting and give a nice smooth cut without any rough edges. Can't really tell its not standard.

Did you fold it up at all? or just cut it right back so there was only a tiny lip??

Not sure what you mean by folding it up, I only chopped the plastic mudflap where it sticks out for no real reason, basically just cut it so that this part of the plastic had the same profile as the rest of it. I drove around for a couple of days and let the tyres scrub so I knew where to cut it off. No scrubbing at all now and there is no lift in yet. Hope that makes sense for ya. Dremel is definitely the easy way to go.

Ahhkk, i'm thinking of the steel lip behind the plastic guards, there is about and inch of a fold that gets in the way. The outside plastic section is fine for me.

Back