Tyre advise needed please.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ankaz

Reaction score
Gday fellas, I need some advise on tyres,

I'm looking at getting new rubber soon and was just wondering what the max tyre size i can fit under my D40 with out scrubbing issues, a 2 inch lift will be fitted before the tyres are fitted.

The tyres on it now are Goodyear Wranglers 255 x 65 x 17 which i must say got me up some very steep rocky (dry) tracks when i went 4wd up the snowy mountains over Easter, at full pressure as well, my vehicle is a Titanium so the rims are 17's.
What size rubber does the STX come out with?

I was hoping to get 275's under it, can anyone see a problem?

Do BF Goodrich and M/T's make tyres for 17 inch rims?

Legality issues aside, I recon a 275/75/16 would fit with the lift. I have 265's with clearance left still.

Bear in mind low range first gear gets much higher with the bigger tyres, it almost needs another gear under first.

Ah edit: I just saw you are running 17's, I have no idea what that changes, I guess you will just need to have a lower side profile than 75%

The ST/x comes with 255/70/16 continental highway terrains.

Last edited:
I think the 17" wheels use lower profile tyres, Matt, so the road diameter is the same as it is for the 16" rims.

275s are 20mm wider than factory which may be legal in some states, it's the diameter that may be an issue. Increasing the road diameter will not only change the gearing but will make both the speedometer and odometer inaccurate - perhaps look at the Jaycar box that adjusts those and make sure that the odometer is correct.

15mm max diameter above factory. any more could get you in trouble... transport department/insurance.

if i was you il be going with mt's atz 4 rib LT265/70R17

Latest posts

Back