The most tallented singer of all time.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike McCelland who was my first form English teacher before he discovered belting out a tune was much more fun....

I have no skills on instrument's but I cant say any of the singer's in the last 20 years have had the skills except for Micheal Jackson.

But I have to say Roy Orbison would get my vote though, Elvis, Dylan was good and Tom Petty was to but Roy Orbison had a sad life but made the most of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LExf_en46Q this would be one of my favourites.

Dave.

From a technical standpoint, Jeff Buckley.

But for all-round talent, I'm going to submit the first and last vote for Paul Banks of Interpol.

define "singing" - Jimmy Barnes can not sing - but no body can scream in "tune" like barnsey!

He would have to be the worst singer of all time, but damn he is great to watch! :big_smile:

For singing talent, Kenny Rogers.

Last edited:
Paul Rogers isn't half bad, but for voice I'd have to go past David Gilmour and give the win to David Bowie for male, and Norah Jones is a current fav female but for haunting beauty Enya beats all of 'em. Past favourites include Bonnie Tyler, Cher (at times), and I think Faith Hill doesn't do too bad.

Although not the best all round singer I'd go straight past Dave Gilmour to that black chick who did the original live version of Money from the Dark Side Of The Moon tour her voice had an amazing range. Ellen Foley also once had an amazing voice as a backing singer, not quite as good solo through and Venetta Fields has also got one of the best females voices in the world, she was also on the Dark Side Of The Moon Tour but she wasn't lead vocalist and is more commonly know in this country for her tours and albums with John Farhnam.

As far as males go one of the best and most versatile singers is also one of the biggest (if not the biggest) douches in the world. Get rid of the ego and the attitude and Axl Rose actually has a voice many singing coaches use as a pinnacle for their students to attain in most forms of modern music.

Rob Halford, Ronnie James Dio, Robert Plant, Freddie Mercury, Johny Farnham,
Elvis, The three Tenors, Ross Wilson, Bryan Ferry...............the list goes on & on.

Yeah RIP RJD, just a pity the moron writing for the Herald Sun last week wasn't smart enough to realise you weren't a guitarist

Yeah RIP RJD, just a pity the moron writing for the Herald Sun last week wasn't smart enough to realise you weren't a guitarist

Oh, i'm devastated...I'd wasnt aware of his passing.

I can hold on to
the memory of seeing him live at Festval Hall on Tues 16 sept 1986 in DIO, and again on Fri 10th Aug 2007 at rod laver with Black Sabbath.
Two of the best shows I've seen ever.
RIP.

Yeah he's been fighting the big C for a while now and the HS ran a 4 paragraph article the day after his death stating he was one of the worlds best singers and guitarists, I suppose at least they got one part right.

Yeah he's been fighting the big C for a while now and the HS ran a 4 paragraph article the day after his death stating he was one of the worlds best singers and guitarists, I suppose at least they got one part right.

Yes, the one part they got right is fair dinkum, a Great.

Oh, i'm devastated...I'd wasnt aware of his passing.

I can hold on to
the memory of seeing him live at Festval Hall on Tues 16 sept 1986 in DIO, and again on Fri 10th Aug 2007 at rod laver with Black Sabbath.
Two of the best shows I've seen ever.
RIP.

I saw Ronnie James Dio when he was with Rainbow in 1978 and agian with Black Sabbath in 1980. He certainly had a great rock and roll voice ,as does Paul Rogers (ex Bad Company) But for me,I think Elvis Presley has the greatest voice of all time.

I reckon Elvis.... and Johnny Cash, but it looks like I'm the only one for the man in black...

Alot of the people here mentioned I have never heard of.

Johnny Cash and Elvis were good but Roy Orbison still gets my vote.

Dave.

What I'm suprised at is that no one yet has tried to convince us (jokingly or otherwise) that the most talented singer of all time is themselves, although there is a few names here I haven't heard of so maybe some people have.

Back