Tyre pressures x2

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shimoneous

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have done a bit of a search on this but none of the threads really suit exaclty what i'm after so i figured i'd get a direct opinion on what i have to ask...

So i have 2 sets of wheels/tyres, muds and my road set.
The muddies are 32x10.5R15's, and the other wheels are on the stock navara rims and are 265/70R16's. What pressure should i be running my tyres at to be driving on the road, and what is a good pressure for the muddies when driving bush??

Thanks in advance.

The correct on road tyre pressure will be on a placard somewhere on your car. (probaly around 35psi) As for your muddies offroad, it all depends on the road conditions and speed. Id start at 25 and go down from there.

General rule is the slower the speed the lower the pressures.

theres a few threads on this.

depends a bit on the tires you have but roughly...
tarseal 35-40psi
offroad, 20-25 for tracks, the rough stuff as low as you can with out them coming off the rim !

some use different methods like, tire pressure is good when there is 4psi difference between hot and cold and put a block 1" away from the side of the tire and deflate it till it touches the block.

edit: also take note of the max pressure. some tires will handle 50psi but others only 35psi.

theres a few threads on this.

depends a bit on the tires you have but roughly...
tarseal 35-40psi
offroad, 20-25 for tracks, the rough stuff as low as you can with out them coming off the rim !

some use different methods like, tire pressure is good when there is 4psi difference between hot and cold and put a block 1" away from the side of the tire and deflate it till it touches the block.

edit: also take note of the max pressure. some tires will handle 50psi but others only 35psi.

cheers,
the A/Ts i use on the road say max 65psi, thats where i was a bit confused, coz i was sure there would be no way i should be running it that high. But they were sitting at 32psi last time i checked which i was sure was too low.

80 !! ! ! holy *****
wranglers max of 50psi which we do run when fully loaded. tho 40-45 will still run quite well.

don't forget to adjust front to rear pressures depending on how much weight you have on the back.

BFG All Terrains 265/75/16
On Road I run 36 on fronts & 40 on rears due to heavy work loads.
Bush I genereally run around 24 all round, seems to do the job ok, could probably go down to 20 but haven't tried that as of yet.

The correct on road tyre pressure will be on a placard somewhere on your car. (probaly around 35psi) As for your muddies offroad, it all depends on the road conditions and speed. Id start at 25 and go down from there.

General rule is the slower the speed the lower the pressures.

Factory roadies, placard shows....Unloaded....32psi frt....35psi rear, D22 ST-R.

Muddies (offroad driving)...as above.

For my road tyres, i keep a record on rotation and vary pressures to suit (maximise) how they wear.

Last edited by a moderator:
After using the 4psi rule I now both front and rears @ 40psi on road and anywhere from 25psi downwards offroad.

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back