2.5crd boost gauge install

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loco12

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has installed a boost gauge on the 2.5crd engine. Was looking for a MAP sensor like on the d40 or earlier d22's to tap into but can't seem to find one on the vehicle or the manual?
Does it have one? If so where?
If not is my only option the line that runs to the waste gate on the turbo?

theres a thread already about this. apparently there should be an option to T section into the drivers side intercooler pipe..i havnet looked tho.

I have seen the thread for the d40 and I know what I'm looking for but I just can't find it! I assume the d22 has a MAP sensor and also would think it would be on the intake side of the intercooler but I can't see it.

If you look at the intercooler pipe just as it comes out of the turbo, there's a small piece of rubber tubing coming off the metal intercooler pipe that goes to a vacuum switch, you should be able to junction onto that.

Still no luck finding the sensor! Only vac line I can find runs from the turbo compressor to the wastegate, it has no sensor attached.
Might just have to use the wastegate vac line.

Nah never got around to it but when I do as far as I can tell the only place to go is in the wastegate vac line.

By vac line you mean the line that goes from somewhere to wastegate? I've been told there is no vacuum on turbo diesels? Another way would be to drill in tap into cold side of intercooler? We did this on my brothers patrol.

you can drill and tap the intercooler and that is probably a better spot for the gauge but pretty sure you will have to put the boost controller in the line off the wastegate (not vac line as i have called it) as the controller bleeds off boost pressure to stop the gate opening and there for giving more pressure to the engine.

Is it to much having the boost controller and boost gauge in same line? I'm thinking the intercooler cold side is the way to go. I've got the 1/8bsp thread ready to braise on.

Rusty

I'd be putting them in the same line to the wastegate. But then I don't have an intercooler. But it makes sense. Nissan can't knock back a claim if the turbo or intercooler goes caput.

I'm heading back towards the same line but using better quality boost hose then factory stuff. Would there be any difference to the boost readout if it were in the intercooler compared to being in the actual boost line?

no, but i want to know at what boost the wastegate is opening. not what boost is getting to the motor.

at least that was my reasoning

well ive decided im gonna put the gauge tapping into the cold side of intercooler. easiest route for me to get into cab is to drill and grommet a whole in the firewall directly behind the motor. there is a lil pressed round lump about 30mm in diameter and ill stick a grommet in that. then the sender unit is directly above that inside out of the water etc.

hydraulink here i come (again)

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Does anyone have some pictures of where they have installed their boost gauge to? I have seen pictures where the intercooler has been drilled and taped. Is there another option? If i have to get the IC drilled i will but ide prefer not to have to find someone to do that

Sorry to dig up an old thread. Does anyone have some pictures of where they have installed their boost gauge to? I have seen pictures where the intercooler has been drilled and taped. Is there another option? If i have to get the IC drilled i will but ide prefer not to have to find someone to do that

I think you could T piece into the boost line on the turbo. Not 100% sure though. I put it in IC cause it was up out of the way and looked tidy

Hey mate I just put a T piece in the waste gate line coming off the turbo and ran it through the firewall on passenger side. I will post up photos later today if it would help

Latest posts

Back