Checking Clutch Plate Wear

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velsheda

Reaction score
Is there any (easy) way like an inspection plate/hatch that I can check the clutch plate wear on my 3.0 STR ?

I doubt it mate.

The clutch plate will be obscured by the pressure plate.

I dont think you could see it unless you took off the pressure plate.

You will know when it needs replacing.

Laith is on the money, only way to check is to pull the gearbox, and if you go to that trouble you would be well advised to replace the rear main seal, clutch and machine the flywheel while the box is out.

with the cost/hassle of pulling it out to check it, you might as well just throw a new one in it ;) ie what till it goes bust first.

incidentally i think the dual mass section tends to crap out first and you can't get to that without pulling the whole clutch to bits.

Thanks fella's - I do not have a current clutch problem, but I am heading away for two months outback and did not want any problems.

I posted the query as I have 140,000K's on the clock and the vehicle was owned by a tradie who did a fair bit of towing a medium trailer.

if there is no shudder or slip i doubt you will have a problem. its not a weak clutch D40 ;)

Back