fuel pump help/wiring

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spice_man2069

Reaction score
hi there i am only new to the forum, i have an 86 d21 with the z24 motor. i have a problem with the fuel supply to the carby, i have no power to the in tank fuel pump. if i jump the fuel pump straight off the battery the car runs. Where should i start checking or has anyone got a wiring diagram, i have tried looking for one but cannot find it.

sorry for the long first post, thanks

Welcome spice_man,

I can get you a wiring diagram if you want, but I'm fairly sure that the fuel pump wiring will come from a fuse near your right knee (while driving), and run under the carpet to the back of the cabin, to the fuel pump which is in the tank itself.

Have you checked the fuse box yet?

If your electric fuel pump is not working the folloeing items are worth checking -

1/ check the fuse
2/ check the fuel pump relay should click when ignition is turned on (may need replacing due to faulty contacts even thoug it clicks)
3/ check fuse fuse socket for signs of melting
4/ check conections and wiring at fuel pump
5/ fuel pump is ok based on your information
6/ some cars have a pressure swith that cuts supply to the fuel pump when pressure is reached, if this pressure switch is defective the pump won't run.

hope this is of help.

If your electric fuel pump is not working the folloeing items are worth checking -

1/ check the fuse
2/ check the fuel pump relay should click when ignition is turned on (may need replacing due to faulty contacts even thoug it clicks)
3/ check fuse fuse socket for signs of melting
4/ check conections and wiring at fuel pump
5/ fuel pump is ok based on your information
6/ some cars have a pressure swith that cuts supply to the fuel pump when pressure is reached, if this pressure switch is defective the pump won't run.

hope this is of help.

Hi there! I'm a newbie to the forum and I was looking for answers. Well, my uncle had his pickup change it's fuel pump into airtex last week. After several days, the pickup had experience the same problem with spice_man and we're kinda clueless where to check on. Thanks to these tips, me and my uncle we're gonna give it a shot and hoping we'll be able to solve it somehow.

Back