Hi all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzybob

Reaction score

Hi all, just discovered this forum site and looks like all my questions can get an answer here, i have a 08 d22 which needs air bags to help the rear tray i fitted for work and i find the turbo lag a bit troublesome when i want to pull away from intersections into traffic so looking for a quality set for the rear and a good chip for the front.... any help would be appreciated from you guys.
Thanks
ozzybob

can you please explain all that ??

sounds like you have the usually weak spring problem D22's have. either replace the spring pack or add a leaf. you may need to take it to a spring maker to re curve the springs back into shape.
what cab do you have on the ute?

unless your chucking a couple of ton onto the back tray you don't really need air bags. they are not replacements for proper springs and can cause major problems (cracked chassis) if not correctly used.

you have the 2.5 litre D22 ? is it 4x4? any chance you can see if it has normal turbo or variable turbo?

Last edited:
Can't help with the air bags as I haven't needed to investigate them, but with regards to the chip, I would look to the exhaust first, then look to the chip. The reason being is that the chip will increase your exhaust temp by a fair amount if you use all the extra power available, especially in 4th or 5th gear, and if you aren't careful with the your right boot you could melt things down before too long.

I haven't seen the stock exhaust on the 2.5 Nav, I know the D40 runs a 2.5" mandrel bent system at least back to the main muffler, yours may also, if this is the case all you might need to do is remove the muffler and replace it with a bit of matching pipe, or if you want to keep it quiet a straight through muffler.

With regards to the chips, DP Chip is your safest best, I believe they offer an engine warranty (I don't know the exact details of it) and from what I've heard are very good to deal with.

to add: if your looking at chipping it, its very very highly recommended you fit boost and EGT guages. they can indicate signs of problems especially when your pushing more power out of a motor.

Latest posts

Back