Evening All

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogmeister

Reaction score
Hi folks
Thought I might drop in on your forum for a while. While not being new to 4x4s I have never had anything to do with Navaras. I need a ute, want a 4x4 and will be doing some serious road miles as well. My trusty old GQ patrol would fit the bill if only it was a trayback.

I will be picking your brains on and off on what Navara will suit me best, and what mods etc. I can do to it. My pick ATM is an '03 D22 Cab chassis but time will tell. ;-)

Hi mate, welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will find the info you need around here.

Thanks guys, I've just been poking around and learning a bit about the 3L turbos. I have never owned a diesel, indipendant front suspension on a 4x4 or a turbo. But after 20 odd years of doing my own rebuilds, wrecking out HQ to WB holdens and most of my own repairs I reckon I can learn a few new tricks. I like this forum, I noticed on the home page that some one was giving the "Roothy lovers" a hard time. Thats not all bad lol.
Hopefuly after a bit of Navara ownership I will be able to help a few people out with info and tips too.

Welcome mate, that could have of been me.

The D22's are a good buy, make sure its been serviced and all the rest. You seem switched on so you shouldn't have any issues.

Dave.

But after 20 odd years of doing my own rebuilds, wrecking out HQ to WB holdens and most of my own repairs I reckon I can learn a few new tricks.

That's where I started, lost count of how many times I've rebuilt various 202s over the years, I gotta say I do miss the simplicity of the old engines.

I bet you miss how carby engines can be a bitch to start on a cold morning to.

I love efi, I hate carby motors.

Dave.

I still have a carby on my '89 Troll but lpg makes it a sweet starter all year around. She starts OK on petrol too since i put the auto-choke in the wheely bin. Just wish I could get it to idle smoothly on gas. After using all the idling tips I could find on Patro4x4.com forum it idled sweet for about a week then started running like a 2 stroke again lol. Over it now and resigned to a lumpy idle on gas. My Mrs says it adds "character"

Latest posts

Back