Recall - D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder Hood Latch

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nizzbits

Reaction score
All you guys with Spanish built (VS start of VIN number) D40's expect a recall letter in the next two weeks. I believe they will be posted late this week.
If you don't get one in a few weeks ring your dealer to check if you are on the list in case Nissan do not have the correct contact details and book it in. It is an important safety related recall.

Yeah I got some details a few weeks ago but can't say much. It relates to weight on the front like steel bullbars and winches and the effect of those things if driving hard over corrugations.

Yeah yeah laugh it up you lot........

We D40 drivers are happy in the knowledge we are far superior, better hairdo's are merely a byproduct or our excellence :rock:

Personally I don't make that much money from hair dressing appointments but you'd think with the amount of green eyed monster that comes out around here the hair dressing business was making us D40 drivers rich.

Just further proof that jealousy is really a curse. :sarcastic:

sounds like the bonnet catch problem thats been reported overseas. with heavy front ends the vibration makes the bonnet catch fail.

Eww that could be awkward in the middle of a hair cut the client gets smacked in the face with the bonnet. Atleast they wont see if coming their eyes are usually closed to save them seeing the horror of the hair cut I'm giving them.

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/986184

Nissan—D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder Hood Latch
PRA number: 2010/11664
Date created: 19th May 2010
Product information
Product description
D40 Navara & R51 Pathfinder vehicles produced in Europe
Identifying features
Campaign Number: R1017
Target Number: 54, 732

Vin Range:

D40 Navara
VSKCLAD40A0025460-VSKCLAD40A0366783
VSKCLND40A0033906-VSKCLND40A0369626

R51 Pathfinder
VSKJLWR51A0007409-VSKJLWR51A0366895
VSKJVWR51A0007459-VSKJVWR51A0365777

NB Not all vehicles in the above range are included
What are the hazards?
Vehicle malfunction.
What are the defects?
A concern has been detected relating to the installation of heavy "Steel bull bars" and accessory devices such as winches being fitted to the front of these European models. In high speed driving application on corrugated road surface there is a possibility of increased vibration frequency causing the hood striker loop to separate from the hood causing subsequent damage to the hood latch assembly. If this occurs, it can result in the hood not being securely latched and the possibility of the hood opening unexpectedly while driving.
Where the product was sold

* National

Supplier
Nissan Motor Company (Australia) Pty Ltd
Supplier's web site
Nissan Australia: Shift The Way You Move. Cars, 4x4's, Dealers
What should consumers do?
At this stage consumers do not need to take any action.

Once sufficient counter measure parts are available Nissan will write to owners of affected vehicles advising owners to contact a Nissan Dealer to arrange for an inspection and where necessary the rectification of the vehicle.

Owners should not exceed 90 kph if travelling off bitumen roads until the vehicle has been inspected.

Print
Follow ProductSafetyAU on Twitter

If the pic is current No Bullbar = No problems. :rock:

Maybe but I've got some very hard springs up front and low profile tyres which cause a very harsh ride on poor roads. Think I'd rather err on the side of caution and get the recall mod done than have a bonnet meet my windscreen one day on the freeway.

Part of the fix is new front springs so you will look good heading up hill all the time. centrer of front wheel to guard lip should be 525 mill +/- 5 mill I think that was the numbers if lower replace front springs.

cheers Phil.:cheers!:

I just took mine in for a service and they checked it out while it was there. I have an ARB deluxe bar and they said it was fine.

Check your VIN - if you are in the build range then it matters.

For example, I have a mid 2008 built ST-X and mine is not affected.

Designs of parts and sub-assemblies change throughout the lifecycle of vehicle models so it stands to reason that there will be sub-ranges affected. I'd be interested to know how the VIN ranges reflect against build date, but that is more of a general interest than anything else.

Back