Hi to all

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevo

Reaction score
New at these forums, so sorry if unfamilar with format.
I hope I'm in new member area ?
05 str, 40mm lift, run on 50% biofuel sometimes (make myself), 40k's carrying out service now.
from Sydney originally now in Cooroy qld near Noosa

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum Stevo, you posted in the right area. I'm interested to hear how the Nav runs on the biodiesel, I've thought about making some myself albeit fleetingly, but then I decided I couldn't afford an injector pump rebuild if something pear shaped.

Hi all, i live northside of Brisbane. I was having a look around the forum today and it looks quite good so i thought i would sign up and have a chat. I own a 03 3.0L diesel D22 navara.

First time I added bio, funny story I used a steel water can (cleaned internally, except for inside neck) so $500 later, once I had spider webs and grass and leaves removed from tank, filter and pump it ran like a dream again !!!
Now I drain it in by gravity from a brand new storage tank.
Getting the used oil and methanol is the main challenge these days.

Welcome to the forum Stevo, also interested in your experiences with Bio fuel.

I major benefit is engine runs cooler especially when towing. You do get more milage from bio - especially fuel that has been processed correctly and washed at least twice. I have filled up with bio in Sydney and driven none stop to Wynnum (brisbane) 1008 k's to brother in laws on one tank, the fuel light had been on for 70k's though.

No noticable loss of power, to make 60 litres of bio, costs $35 and takes 3 days (20 minutes per day), that is using methanol (easiest way) $20 if using ethanol (a lot harder to do). That is if you get used vegy oil from chip shop for free ???

forgot to say haven't done any bio for 3 months as price of diesol is so cheap, they're giving it away ???
Much harder to get vegy oil up here in queensland especially Cooroy, all the farmers have got the used oil business locked up.
The ethanol is a little difficult to get up here as well, need to get from Nambour, the other ingredient is lye (drain cleaner) NaOH, but don't use drain cleaner as it is only 55% NaOH you need 97% or better NaOH.
If you are going to use ethanol it has to be 99.5% pure.

Bio info

Hiya Steve,

Ben here in Sydney.

Been reading with interest your Biodiesel exploits. I'd like to know more info on what equipment you use to distill the stuff and where one might get a kit to do so?

Cheers,

Latest posts

Back