Electric brake controller location?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You bet, nice and handy there.

1372.jpg

If you're installing one, make sure you use heavy enough cable. 6 sq mm should be adequate for even a tri-axle. My double-axle van will draw up to 24 amps (6 amps per wheel) and over the length of the vehicle, 30A cable is just too light. 4mm cable gets hot enough to melt the insulator. 5mm cable still gets warm - and warm means it's suffering from power loss. 6mm stays cool.

I have an R51 Pathfinder at home, I can not see the pics in the Photobucket link (Blocked at work) but I have my brake controller fitted in the slot under the radio, mounted to the top, it is easy enough to reach and I can still store my wallet under the controller.

I mounted mine in the space above the centre console with my UHF.
I had the controller mounted like Tony's on my last 2 vehicles & I always thought it looked like an afterthought.
I will take a better shot of the setup & post it up tomorrow.
Cheers, Phil

Attachments

• 1061t[1].jpg
    1061t[1].jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 1,775
Last edited:
Hi there Filobz
Great position actually for the brake control,just curios whether you had any interference with your 2 way because i'm considering putting mine in the same position.
Cheers

I have one of the in dash mounted units.
The only price that you can see is a led and a dial. I'll try and grab som pics.

Thanks Bravobrad it looks like mine is going next to my 2 way underneath the air conditioning dials.

Came across this post when looking for a location to install my P3 - this is where I ended up installing it in a Series 4 D40 Auto.

Way easier than I thought it would be to install here and is clear of my knee just the way I wanted it.

More pics available for anyone giving it a crack - just ask if needed.

i have the Tekonsha voyager unit and i mounted it under the wiper controls far enough away not to impede on them but easily assessable all the same.

IMG_0637_zps30b4dff8.jpg.html

IMG_0639_zpsf7fd481f.jpg.html

I picked my new Nav up and was pleasantly surprised where the brake unit was mounted. Much better than buoy hayman Reece unit I used to have.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 232
Back