Exhaust and Chip Combo

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstamati d40

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has this combo...

DP chip and 2.75 inch mandrel bent exhaust from Beaudesert Exhaust
-dump pipe, high flow converter (I think), and straight thru muffler

My question is has anyone adjusted up the chip from the standard setting that they give to you with. I am not game to incase the engine goes into limp mode while the wife is cruising around.

How high can I go, and what am I changing by setting it higher?

keep increasing until you hit limp, then come back a setting. When you hit limp, you just turn off the ignition and restart, no big deal at all.

nice 08kingcab thanks I thought limp mode would be a bit more involved.
You wouldn't have an idea what I am changing if I jump up a setting would you.

I asked someone at DP chip by email and he just said leave it on the original setting for a couple of weeks...and if you want more then turn it up ( More WHAT i say ...fuel burnt? i dunno) Power, yeah always, its never enough. Might email them again for better understanding.. thanks again
Gonna look into that egr block though.

Any one else turned up their chips and what intakes and exhaust sizes do you run?

Speak to CHIPIT mate i'm getting mine done by them next week, they do a exhaust for the auto's that replaces the DPF i will let you know how it goes once i get it done but they claim because the ECU will not be trying to clean the DPF all the time i should get better economy this is the site.
Navara D40 Diesel Chips, Mod and Modules for 4WD

I'm keen to hear how you go with it westy, I have an auto TD and am looking for more power and better fuel economy. I'm also keen to hear if the black soot from the exhaust increases greatly after the DPF is removed. Will/have you done anything with your EGR?

Hey Arty, yeah my EGR is blocked already havn't have any codes or lights on the dash come up yet only done about 400km with it tho, CHIPIT claim that without the chip and just the exhaust upgrade you will have a small puff or black smoke when you put your boot into it not while at idle or just driving, but with the chip they have designed it to stop the black smoke when putting your boot into it, will post my results after i have been for a decent drive can't wait to get that DPF out!

Great stuff westy... I'd also like to hear about your fuel consumption as well e.g before EGR blocked and after, before and after exhaust, chip and DPF (i don't ask for much ha)
thanks

I asked someone at DP chip by email and he just said leave it on the original setting for a couple of weeks

Any one else turned up their chips and what intakes and exhaust sizes do you run?

I am running my Tunit Chip on 7 (5 was the 'shipped setting'). Combined with my 3" zort she flies - but OMG it drinks diesel!

whats a combo from beaudesert exhaust worth? and what's the increased figures?

cheers

It was about $1150
They couldn't give me any figure increases (I fitted K&N air filter) to help it breath.
But noticeable increases: more grunt, more constant power up higher in the rev range without that restricted standard feel, and a nicer sounding note. There is no droning noise.
Sorry I don't have fuel figures for when I put the exhaust on because I was in such a hurry to put the DP chip on. But before exhaust I was doing about 11.8L/100. After DP chip I am doing about 10.6L/100 driving it hard.
So better economy loads more go....but I want more :):teeth:

16L/ 100kms around town. :embarassed:

Filled up today and the Nav nearly cracked 17L/ 100kms. So off I went to see Mark from Exhaust Technology (Exhaust Technology - where style & technology meet). Gotta go back next week when he has more time to talk it over but I thinking a custom made 2.5" dump pipe from the Turbo back to the Diesel Particulate Filter.

I already have a 3" system from the DPF which Mark says is fine. His advice is that 2.5" big as you should go in a dump pipe to keep some back pressure up to the turbo.

Of course I cannot comment on any changes I may or may not make to the DPF. :wink:

Then the Nav's on the dyno and I am getting the Tunit Chip remapped for 'max power with "acceptable" fuel economy' as currently I have max power (the Nav absoutely flys) but crap fuel economy. Of course I could just remove the chip but I am addicted to the 'petrol like' performance that my Nav delivers with the chip.

I might also drop the rear resonator off my 3" system and see what it sounds like??

Any thoughts or suggestions gladly welcomed!

BH

Last edited:
Hey guys , I went up to CHIPIT and got my exhaust done 3" all the way no DPF did a good job did take them 2 days tho so you would expect a good job. did about 65km after removing the dpf and the d40 started to blow white smoke lots and lots of white smoke! went back to CHIPIT and they told me they had never seen this happen before and I have a warranty issue and go the Nissan and get it fixed, anyways a bolted to DPF back in myself and the smoke has gone? anyone got any ideas? or had this happen? it seems a bit like the d40 was still trying to burn off the dpf even tho it wasn't there!

On older cars a lot of white smoke meant it was burning auto trans oil. It used to be a simple vacum valve needed replacing (can't remember the name of it). Could that be it?

hey BOSSHOG.
what were your fuel figures before the chip and exhaust???????? i thought they were meant to make it better?

Speak to CHIPIT mate i'm getting mine done by them next week, they do a exhaust for the auto's that replaces the DPF i will let you know how it goes once i get it done but they claim because the ECU will not be trying to clean the DPF all the time i should get better economy this is the site.
Navara D40 Diesel Chips, Mod and Modules for 4WD

We have done many. The fuel economy does improve to around the figures of a manual version. After an ECU relearn (procedure on our website under "SUPPORT") the gains may be better still.

Hey Robert (Chip It)
I'm still looking for away to improve the lack of bottom end torque, I think the Thai build manuals could be worse, (heard lots of complaints on here). I've done 3" including dump pipe, egr block, intercooler hard pipe upgrade and a basic tuning chip. I'm still not happy with the way the truck drives. The slightest incline and I have to rev up over 1500rpm to prevent stalling. Any suggestions on a way to get more bottom end power?

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back