Body lift problems

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahooody

Reaction score
Yup was doin my body lift last night got one side done and lift went to otherwise and one of the captured bolts under ther passenger seat which is ment to be captured isn't and just keeps turning wen I try undo it. I have removed the carpet above it and there is no way of getting to this nut has anyone got any suggestions

Cheers

Bad luck there mate, body lifts are usually a piece of piss.

You could try grinding the head of the bolt off, then lift the body up high, drill a small hole next to the captive nut and try and get a tack weld onto it.

Yup was doin my body lift last night got one side done and lift went to otherwise and one of the captured bolts under ther passenger seat which is ment to be captured isn't and just keeps turning wen I try undo it. I have removed the carpet above it and there is no way of getting to this nut has anyone got any suggestions

Cheers

Sometime this will happen.
Carefully mark the position of the bolt & drill a 30mm hole in the floor [there may be two layers of floor]
When the caged nut is exposed drill out the bolt & then feed the new bolt up through the drilled caged nut & fit a new nut on top.
When finished be sure to tape up the hole so no dust & water gets into the car.
Cheers

Thanks for the help I got a 25mm whole saw onto it and put a tech screw thru it doesn't come thru the floor at the bottom shouldn't happen again lol.

Cheers

Back