D22 str 2 inch lift kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just finished fitting IRONMAN 2inch suspension lift and the ride is fabulous.
I found out though that my original shocks were stuffed and the leaf springs were sagging.
The original shocks wouldnt even expand back out when compressed.
I did have 2 problems with the removal of the original suspension
1...The LH pin on the front of the leaf springs was seased in the rubbers and couldnt be tapped out as the fuel tank is in the way so i cut it off with a grinder as you get a new one with the new kit.
2...The torsion bar on the rear adjustable braket on the drivers side was forced on without the splines lining up and was hard to remove.Had to drop the crossmember to make it easier to remove,but did eventually come out.
Fitting the new stuff was simple.
I ended getting an extra 80mm(3 inches) extra height all round when finished.
Just love the look and ride now...
Cheers,Joe

what shocks did you go with foamcell or nitrogas and what springs comfort or constant load thinking doing the same thing on my 04 nav and really want good comfort for touring .put a constant load foamcell kit on the hilux last year cant fault it except prob shouldve got softer springs. did find same thing ute went up 4 inches but a couple of weeks settled down an inch ended up 3 inches higher

With the height at the front just make sure you have about a 10 - 15mm gap at the top bump stop and you should be right. Mine has settled down to a 50mm lift. I too had difficulties with the front pins in the leaf pack. I ended up using a blow torch to melt the rubber out. My 4" grinder wouldn't reach but a 5" would. I gave everything a good bounce and nipped up all the bolts. Then I took it offroad for a drive and tightened everything up again as everything is then siiting in the correct place and none of the bushes will be binding. I'm not sure if the shocks not returning is a problem but maybe the type of shocks that they are. I'm happy to be corrected though?

D22DAVE,i went with with nitro gas as i dont do serious stuff and went with constant load springs as its a work ute and does tow heavy trailer loads.
I only gave it a test drive over those speed humps on the roads and hardly felt them as before i had to slow right down and still bounced roughly over them..
Cant compare the difference in ride comfort,very happy with it...
Cheers,Joe:rock:

Jon,i read up on the installation of the kit on this site,it was verry helpfull,and i made sure i left about 10/15 mm gap between the top bump stop.
A 5 inch grinder without the guard on gets in there to cut the pins out,just watch out for your fingers anyone trying it.
As for the old shocks not returning,i think they were original Nissan ones,plain black,im not sure if this is what they are meant to do...
I noticed the torsion bars were wound right up before and i hardly had minimum clearance.
Everything was sagging and had no ride..
Now its great...
Im glad i found this forum,it has everything i want to know and do later later.
Cheers,Joe

were stuffed and the leaf springs were sagging.
The original shocks wouldnt even expand back out when compressed.

Just a note, only gas charged shocks will expand out, plain oil filled shocks were probably standard fitment on your truck. Gas shocks help reduce fade, most noticble on corrugated roads where the shock can get so hot the paint can peel off.
Plain oil shocks are fine for daily driving and the occasional offroad work.

they are gas shocks. not sure if anyone makes oil only these days.

Rancho and Koni still make oil (low pressure) shocks, although it seems the norm to go for the high pressure gas shocks these days.

Anyone running emulsion shocks? would be interested in a review on some of those.

Hi Tommy222220 how does your truck sound and go with the exhaust?
Thats next on my to do list...
Then the chip,snorkell,tyres,etc

Hi Tommy222220 how does your truck sound and go with the exhaust?
Thats next on my to do list...
Then the chip,snorkell,tyres,etc

Much better with the exhaust and chip.

Really helps it all over the rev range, less turbo lag and is much nicer to drive, prob change gear half as much.

Goes good off road, pulls much better from low/no revs on big climbs/steps

Sounds pretty good, nice turbo whistle and only slightly louder than std (barely noticable)

I'd go exhaust before chip

Latest posts

Back