Suspension lift problem.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tommo77

Reaction score
I got my 2inch suspension lift on my d40 about 3 months ago now and haven't really been happy with how the back end sits up way higher then my front, is there anything i can do about it to level it up a bit? Will chuck a pic up if i can get a good one.

Cheers.

From new the rear is higher than the front.
There are "levelling" kits available from the US but all they are is a front strut spacer.All you can really do is raise the front more . All depends on what sort of lift you installed.

Its normal, even between different makes and models. Most utes have a higher rear so that when you have a load in the tub or towing something your bum isn't dropped low. Spacers i believe aren't legal in australia and anyway there is a limit to how high you want to lift the IFS front before you get too many issues to have to deal with. If you fitted Heavy Duty rear leaves you'll have it sitting higher then comfort load also, depending on make. overall its really not an issue, Your just used to seeing sagged out rear springs on standard ute. I've heard of some leaving the dealer with sagged springs. Rear always seem to sag more then fronts.

Last edited:
There is an alternative that has been suggested on these forums before, and that's the judicious application of two or three bags of cement.

Seriously, chuck a little weight in the back (not the mother-in-law, that tends to upset law enforcement because of the screaming). The car will ride better and handle bumps better too.

Yeah same with my recent 2" lift, ended up being about 2.5" at front and 3" at the back which I don't mind, it's not excessively noticeable to the naked eye, plus when I hook my camper up she levels out nicely.

BTW have you seen the latest Landcruiser wagons lately, they really sit up high at the back and I believe that is standard.

i had the same problem with mine. the fella said the weight difference is the main thing. obviously with no weight on the arse and heaps at the front.

the diesels will sit a little lower than the petty models as the engine weighs more.

it still bugs the shit out of me asweel, 12 months on. the only way around it is with a spacer but then your control arm and coil seat will clash.. shit house design from nissan. there is a link about after market control arms on here some where. pretty pricey though.

Cheers blueboy i might look into the after market control arms it would be good if it sits level.

I'm in the same boat..

I just returned from my suspension expert. I have the same issue, achieved 55mm lift in the front and 60mm in the rear, now as the front has sagged 25-30mm the front sits really low compared to the back even when heavily loaded. Rear has constant 150kg+ load and has not drooped at all.
Lift kit comprises: Ironman heavy duty front springs, Ironman 300kg rear leaves, Koni front struts, Koni rear shocks, camber offset front bushes, greaseable rear shackles and bushes.
Now at just 25mm lift in the front over prior to lifting vehicle with camber offset bushes he tells me we cant lift it anymore without putting camber out. At present readings were -0.2 on passengers side and +0.2 on drivers side, with all adjustment set at max.
I really want to get my front lift back up to close to 50mm - otherwise useless.
his suggestion for me to try and source a 15mm strut top spacer. Lovells have a heavier rate spring than ironman but he doesn't want to use that, not sure why. Does anyone know if the are strut spacer available as small as 15mm, 20mm max? I do believe fulcrum has a further offset bush in R&D atm in a vehicle in newcastle which seems to be going well which may help keep my camber in check with more lift.
Any suggestions or info would be great.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back