Stereo removal

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pedro123

Reaction score
Hi there.
Just picked up a 2008 ST-X Dual Cab on Friday and want to get to the back of the Stereo. Has anyone got any handy hints (besides taking it to someone)?

i cant describe well but i'll give it a shot. the top of the dash theres a tray, that pops out and theres a series of screws. remove them and down the bottom under the trim there should be another set of screws. carefully remove the trim and the radio should be accessable. just four more screws and access to the wiring.

i think thats it, i havent done one in a while but its very simple. just screws and trims.

Thanks Navman,
Don't remember seeing a tray on top of the dash, thought it was a moulded cut out. Better go have another look.

The 09's have a moulded tray and I think the models before that (or atleast some of them) might have had a console with a lid on it. Either way that needs to come out and it;s more than likely not screwed in according to the manual, then there is one screw at the top of the center piece and the rest is held in by clips. The clips take a bit to get out but don't force them too much because they are breakable. Once the plastic surround is out you'll see the 4 screws that need to come out to get the stereo out. Just don't drop the screws.

That's a slightly different look to mine which I described in the thread I wrote ages ago because it's an international model. You can just see the console with the lift up lid at the top of the first image and the removal is as described, however in this one it does appear to suggest the top console/container is held in with clips that might get dropped into the dash where as that piece on my dash is clipped in but the clips are moulded plastic and don't fall into the dash unless they are broken which makes them unusable anyway.

Back