Sound System in my 09 D22 navara dual cab

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Navara09

Reaction score
I am doing up my sound system and i would like to no where the best place to put an amp and sub?

u can pickup d-class mono amps that are tiny 30x30x5(cm) and install that under pasenger side and narrow box under the rear seat...unsure about d22 rear seat setup but in the d40's theres heaps of room under the rear seat

DSC00096.jpg

Cable tied the screw holes onto the metal support.

Dave.

Im not to keen with putting it under the seat because if water gts in itl stuff it all up

Yeah, I've got it so i can switch almost everything electrical off within arms reach. Blank switch panels next to the handbrake/on consol.

Remember the ecu is located on top of the trans tunnel, if that get wet, who cares about an amp!

is it possible to run extra speakers fof the factory head unit for a d22... i purchased speakers and didnt really think bout new headunit... can anyone tell me whether this is possible?

can you get a bass tube in there and you only need a small amp...still plenty of bass

Basky

RustyNav it should be possible, I posted up a while back in my members thread on how I put the front speakers off the factory wiring and went to the amp. The pics should explain it better.

Yakka it works, lol.

Dave.

I have my amp in the rear tray, no room inside for a big 6 channel amp, custom made box to house it. Dose require holes being cut for cables etc. Im running a Kenwood double din DVD player with rev cam, bluetooth, nav, digital Tv tuner then powered by 6ch JBL amp and kicker speakers in front and back. Sub is a 12 inch pioneer shallow one with custom made box which requred removal of the jack handle and jack to fit in. It really pumps but lots of work for install. Happy days lol !!

Last edited:
My install:
Head unit: Fusion Ipod head unit (flip down the face and insert ipod like a cassette, use the head unit to control ipod, comes with all different housings to suit pretty much any ipod - sweet as!)
Fronts: Fusion 6.5" component splits (powered from head unit)
Rears: Fusion 6.5" 3 ways (powered from head unit)
Sub/Amp: Focal BUS25 slimline powered subwoofer (connected to subwoofer low level pre-outs on head unit)

On paper it's a very low-mid level system and purists would scoff at not using an amp for the splits, but seriously the sound quality is great, nice clear punchy bass from the sub, and goes as loud as most people would ever want to listen to their music whilst retaining the same level of sound quality. All up it cost me well under $1000 (can't remember exactly), self installed, all parts bought brand new.

The unit didn't have the right sleeve for my particular ipod (was new model), I emailed Fusion on Sunday arvo, and 10AM Tuesday the correct sleeve was courier delivered on my desk, all the way from Melbourne. Absolutely fantastic customer service if you ask me, if that is their standard level of service I would highly recommend them.

Attachments

• IMAG0150.jpg
    IMAG0150.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 155
  • IMAG0151.jpg
    IMAG0151.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0153.jpg
    IMAG0153.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 175
  • IMAG0154.jpg
    IMAG0154.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 188
  • IMAG0155.jpg
    IMAG0155.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 269
I have my alpine amp behind the rear seat as in Dave's pic and there is room for a Bazooka tube behind the seat as well and it works a treat.

Back