Navara row not going away

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tweak'e

Staff member
Reaction score
The New Zealand Farmers Weekly

"The March 1 issue of The New Zealand Farmers Weekly reported the anger of several South Canterbury farmers following Nissan NZ's failure to honour the warranty claim on vehicles with severe chassis cracking."

The New Zealand Farmers Weekly

"The cracks appearing in the chassis of the 2007 Nissan Navara D22 ute are a serious safety issue, Acland told The New Zealand Farmers Weekly."

all on high country stations. whats the bet they are all jack up with hard springs, all overloaded (in typical kiwi fashion) and now wineing because they break.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/timaru-herald/news/3352028/Recall-Navaras-urges-farmer

Last edited:
"They are putting all this fancy stuff on them these days and gearing them more towards urban use. They are just not doing the job for us (farmers) anymore. We are buying them to use in the harsh environment, we are not doing anything different to what we always have. If they are not doing the job then we have to look for change to something that will do the job."

He wouldn't be referring to the chassis that has been largely unchanged since 1980 would he?

The biggest thing that has changed is probably how much the thing will now lug around. More powerful engines mean they can load them up more.

I find the thing about Nissan blaming the bullbar being too heavy interesting - I want to see the bullbar that is heavy enough to crack the chassis!

yeah a design fault that only apparent on a few vehicles in one location around the world and after 20 years of being in production.....mmmmm......yeah right !

actually i was wondering if they wound the torsions up so much they where sitting on the bump stops. constantly smacking the bump stops would crack a chassis with hard use.

Latest posts

Back