Tube bar concept

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yakka

Reaction score
Below is a pic of the bar I am going to use as a model when I get around to building it..... and before you say it, I know about the air bag issue!! Just gunna do it. Can somebody take a pic of the mounting brackets of a factory airbag complient bar in place please (winch compatable if possible). I'm interseted to see how and where it mounts to the crushable section of the chasis.

Attachments

• tubebaridea1.jpg
    tubebaridea1.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:
Looks shit hot, wouldn't mind the sliders in the background. If I get a chance tomorrow will take some pics of my standard Nissan bar (Winch Compatible) mounting for you.

Found this thread which has some good info. I think I will get hold of the mounts for a steel factory bar and build mine off of that. In my thinking it should then be no different to a complient bar as the mounts to the chasis are the same, only difference is whats bolted to them.
http://www.navara.asia/d22-accessories/241-2005-model-factory-bull-bar-fit-2008-a.html

Is there any difference between the mounting brackets of an air bag complient bar as opposed to pre-airbag????

Instead of trying to make airbag compliant mounts, would it be worth investigating the cost of buying a set? Just throwing the idea out there... Might be able to modify them to suit your needs.

I'm not a fan of the whole tube bar concept, but I admire your dedication. And I admire your desire to look at airbag compliance ;)

Does anyone know, or has read, the regulations regarding airbag compliant front protection and NA class vehicles?

From memory, in order to prove compliance, they need to conduct actual tests and document them - I think it's in accordance with ANCAP procedures.

I've got my doubts that wrecking the Navara to prove that it'll be compliant is what Yakka had in mind!

Is there any difference between the mounting brackets of an air bag complient bar as opposed to pre-airbag????

The airbag compliant mounts will be designed for an infinite fatigue life, including an acceptable level of stress concentration throughout the bracket, a winch pull test of 100% vehicle mass at 25 degrees from straight ahead, and the correct impact collapse rate for a given force.

Pre-airbag mounts will be designed for all but the latter.

Looks like brado,s / xro racing tube bar.. very nice for sure, lots of bends in those though so i hope your good with the bender.

cheers mark.

Instead of trying to make airbag compliant mounts, would it be worth investigating the cost of buying a set? Just throwing the idea out there... Might be able to modify them to suit your needs.

I'm not a fan of the whole tube bar concept, but I admire your dedication. And I admire your desire to look at airbag compliance ;)

In the post previous to this, I noted that I am going to get hold of steel bar mounts and build the bar off of them........

Looks like brado,s / xro racing tube bar.. very nice for sure, lots of bends in those though so i hope your good with the bender.

cheers mark.

Found the design here: AVA4X4 - View category Custom bar work

Not too worried about the number of bends. I'm a Plumber and did my apprenticeship in the industrial field. Lots of steam pipe work etc. so I've had my share of time on the bender!!! Will be jogging the memory a little to start with though as its been a little while. I've got a decent bender and a notcher, so it'll just be a matter of getting the gear out one weekend and having a crack at it. All in good time though :smash:

Found the design here: AVA4X4 - View category Custom bar work

Not too worried about the number of bends. I'm a Plumber and did my apprenticeship in the industrial field. Lots of steam pipe work etc. so I've had my share of time on the bender!!! Will be jogging the memory a little to start with though as its been a little while. I've got a decent bender and a notcher, so it'll just be a matter of getting the gear out one weekend and having a crack at it. All in good time though :smash:

That makes sense, brado was building them for ava. i plan on using similar design also, sounds like you will have it sorted for sure, will be good to see it done.
cheers mark.

That makes sense, brado was building them for ava. i plan on using similar design also, sounds like you will have it sorted for sure, will be good to see it done.
cheers mark.

Cheers Mark, need to pull my finger out and get this shed of mine finished so I can get started on some of these projects huh....

Sorry to dig an old thread but it address a similar issue I'm having.
I have been offered a new front bar for my 2010 STR but I'm worried about airbags and insurance? Has anyone made their own mounting brackets? Or should I buy some factory ones and have the bar made around these?

Back