MTZ's vs STT's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTZ's or STT's

• Total voters

troy

Reaction score
I'm due for some new tyres, tossin up between MTZ's and STT's..
I can get them both for the same price ($330 for 265/75 R16s) so cost isnt a factor.

so which one should it be? and why?

Cheers

I've had both. Perform much the same but the STT's caused my vehicle to pull badly to the left - which is a problem with STT's on some vehicles. So I went for the MTZ's on the next vehicle and I'm happy so far.

I went MTZ's. I've never had either tyre, but when I was researching tyres the MTZ's got a pretty god rap from those that had them.

Plus I've heard from a tyre retailer that Coopers have had some chipping probs with some of there recent compounds. Take that with a grain of salt though.

Have had MTZ's on my D40 for the last 30,000km without complaint. Same size as you are looking at.

My vehicle is not a family car, it is used by me for work commuting but apart from that is hunting, fishing and 4wding.

They spend a lot of their time off road and I cannot complain with their performance in the scrub.

On road - I believe they perform well for a tyre of their type.

Hope the info helps.

I know a couple of guy's running MTZ's at the moment, their only complaint has been fast wear.

MTZ's for sure. I had STT and they chipped to the shithouse, yes i was driving it hard in rough terrain but i've done worse in the MTZ's and no chips at all. STT's also been known to stake easily on the sidewall.

I've got MTZ's, work very well off road obviously & good on road for a muddie, only thing is they seem to be wearing very quickly, due a rotation now though

Ive had mtz for a bit now, really good handling for a mud terrain on road and have done some pretty rough rocky tracks on them without getting any punctures. As an offroad tyre there great but for day to day driving, never again. The speed that mine have worn is way too quick for my needs. Ive had good even wear but I will be lucky to see 30000k out of them.

On some of our camping trips I will drive 600-700ks at 110 without stopping, I wonder if they get too hot and need a break to cool down? Will have to go back to all terrains next year as cant afford to be changing tyres every year. Bloody good looking tyres though.

Latest posts

Back