speedo probs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d40

Reaction score
hey guys..just wounderin if any one else has speedo problems.....i have a rx d40 and my speedo is out by 10 km.......so 110 on speedo is 100 km really..only found this out when i put gps in and going of that its out by 10....my mate have the same d40 as mine a his is the same...another quality nissan....lol.any 1 esle have or heard of this prob........................mick

At 100 kmh on the GPS my speedo shows 104 kmh. I've tested that with two different GPS.At 80 it's around the same.From reading other posts on the forum 9kmh difference is about the norm.

My 08 D22 is the same, reads 10% out. As the others have said its an excuse for bigger tyres.

I also asked Nissan about it, they quoted ADR 18 as well.

You could just get a Jaycar speedo calibrator kit for $49

I just built one for a guy on 4wd action forum. Got to post it off to him tomorrow.

iv had a few difffernet gps units it different cars, 3 navaras.. a barina, pulsar, patrol and out of the 3 gps unit they all said while doing 110 on the speedo you were doing 100 i think its just a problem with the gps units maybe they cant keep up? one a navman, tom tom and a garmin.

Id be fixing it asap, your putting extra km's on the odometre that you aren't doing.

Dave.

Mick a local guy I see, what colour is the D40. Ill keep an eye out for it.

Dave.

hey guys
went and seen nissan dealership today and ask bout if i was putting exta kms on the car......they told me that the speedo needle was a seperate cable to the speedo numbers...dont know if they were just spinning me on so i didnt blow up again or if they fair dinkum bout it..................???????????????????????????

Yes they can be different, it depends on how the seperate functions deal with the signal.

As NN has said above, the odo is generally much more accurate than the speedo.

Latest posts

Back