smoke

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

josh

Reaction score
hi
when I'm driving down the road and I change gears there is a bit of smoke coming out of the exhaust sometimes,
any ideas?

I'm going to take a wild stab here and guess that your engine is actually running when you do this?

Seriously, a small amount of smoke doesn't mean it's over ... unless it's coming out of your nose and you aren't holding a cigarette.

If the smoke is blue, it's either a Ford or it's burning a little oil.

If the smoke is white, your injectors might be sticking and it's overfuelled.

If the smoke is black, there's a rich spot, generally not much to worry about in terms of operation, but it is wasting fuel, polluting the air and not running as efficiently as it could.

If the smoke is brown with green dots, pass whatever you're smoking around a bit because the rest of us want some!

it shouldn't be smoking at all, let alone enough to be visible by the driver.

btw it does pay to list what the vehicle is and any other details. i see you have a 2001 3 litre navara. how many km's has it done?

start with the basics first ie fit a new air filter. injectors are likly depending on km's but also inlet could well be clogged up badly causing it to run rich. disabling EGR would help a bit.

Latest posts

Back