285/75r16

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nav05ST-R

Reaction score
hi guy will a 285/75R16 fit on my d22 with standard rims 2inch suspension lift and a inch body lift this would save serious $$ instead of going the cal off road 3 inch lift
thanks
Luke

G'Day dunkmuddie, do you have a body lift also or just the suspension lift?
Any scrubbing at all, speed bumps, up & down driveways or off roading etc? Cheers.

Mmmm, I've got 275/70s' on stock rims and they look a little oversize, (width wise), considering stock are 265. Not sure if the rims accept 285s'.

Tweake'e will know,

Most tyre fitters will not fit 285/75's to a 7" rim, minimum in all there books/tyre fitting guides is an 8" rim for insurance purposes mainly I've been told......? They will go on but if driving at high speeds or sharp turn it is possible for them to come off the rim....so I've been told anyway, might not be 100% accurate but sounds fair.

Has anyone got any pictures with 285 x 75 x 16 on there navara

Plenty out there, just do a quick search. (got the 31's on atm)

any pictures of cutting required

here ya go...
Guardtrimming.jpg

No. You can't even buy them, they're so illegal.

What??? I know that the manufacturers and most tire mobs wont fit them coz they're meant to go on an 8" rim (Navara alloy is 7"). But there are plenty of guys on here with them!!

I even thought about getting a set of 16X8's and fitting 305/70R16's... but that may have to wait for the body lift!!!

Guess anything's possible, just ask Joshy!!!!!

What??? I know that the manufacturers and most tire mobs wont fit them coz they're meant to go on an 8" rim (Navara alloy is 7"). But there are plenty of guys on here with them!!

Relax Yakka, I was just taking the piss outta an85tk. We'd need to know the original tyre size for his/her vehicle (ST-R vs DX), and his/her state of residence, and the aspect ratio, and the rim size, before being able to answer. I hate stupid questions.

Relax Yakka, I was just taking the piss outta an85tk. We'd need to know the original tyre size for his/her vehicle (ST-R vs DX), and his/her state of residence, and the aspect ratio, and the rim size, before being able to answer. I hate stupid questions.

All good Dion, just misunderstood your post I guess, I had no doubt that you understood the legalities of size increases and the need for engineering plates in some cases.
Would be nice to see the search tool on here made a little more prominent. Maybe it would get more use!! Or is that a dumb question/statement too........

Would be nice to see the search tool on here made a little more prominent. Maybe it would get more use!! Or is that a dumb question/statement too........

Not a dumb statement at all. It was the original 285 legality question that I was calling stupid because the poster didn't take the time to provide sufficient information in their question, then expects other forum users to take the time to answer their question.

Yakka I've never ever seen you ask a stupid question :top:

sorry for being so ignorant, probably a bit unnecessary to start talking shit on me, so i apologise for not providing you with enough information, but all that aside.

I have a 2006 navara D22 DX and i live in NSW, i dont know what the original tyres that were fitted to it were. but currently 225/75R16's

hi guy will a 285/75R16 fit on my d22 with standard rims 2inch suspension lift and a inch body lift this would save serious $$ instead of going the cal off road 3 inch lift
thanks
Luke
mate do not fit them, i fitted 245 75 16 and regret it now its a slug

hey mate i got 285 /75/ r16 a little guard motifications and its all gud. i got bfg muddies on my stock rims they are fine doesnt seem to big and drives really well at high speeds.

Latest posts

Back