Hey Just Brought 2003 St-r

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OBR4

Reaction score
Hey guys i just brought a 2003 3.0td st-r last week. Im from perth and live around the airport way. Im more into the beach 4wding rather than the rock. So any suggestions about what is good to do to the navara for the beach would be awsome. She is stock atm but my first mod is dual batterys and a snorkel.
Im going to attempt to build a set of storage draws myself but trying to find some sort of plan to work off

cheers
look forward to maybe meeting you guys out and about sometime

G'day mate, welcome to the forums.

Recommendations for beach driving, lock the hubs in, stick it in 4wd, let the tyres down to about 16 psi and go, that pretty much covers what you need to do to drive on the beach, if you find yourself getting stuck at that tyre pressure, go lower but avoid doing sharp turns at speed or you'll roll the tyres off the rim. Be sure to get yourself a good compressor to air up again when you are done.

G'day mate welcome to the forum. I did a bit of beach driving at Double island point on year and loved it. Thats more my style as well. Less dents and scratches to worry about but just need to make sure you wash it down right otherwise there will be no Navara...

Have fun

G'day mate and welcome, beach/desert driving is fantastic, the key is tyre pressure, anywhere between 14 - 18 psi and good tyres to suit your type of 4wdriving. We did the simpson 3 years ago and had a ball. If you get the chance, do the simpson desert and you will want to go back again and again. We are doing the Kimberley in June/July/August and coming back via the simpson again.

cheers,

Lance

Welcome mate, haven't done any beach driving yet. The only thing I'd suggest is some kind of rust protection.

Brad

Latest posts

Back