Difference between D40 STX spanish and thai bullbar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane

Reaction score
ok, gotta question and it may very well be related to the topic. :hahaha:

Does anyone here (or even collectively) know what the physical and/or asthetic differences between a Thai and Spanish bullbar are?? :stupido:

My truck has a 2" body lift so no matter what i get im ganna have to fabricate something to make the bar sit in the correct location.

Discuss...

:cheers!:

According to my local ARB guy the difference is in the chassis rail spacing and is only minor, hard to detect visually (without a tape measure) but is significant enough that one won't fit on the other

duane
They are slightly narrower i think it is about 10mm or 20mm between the chassi rails or some thing i no that when you order a bull bar it has diffrent part numbers and and the spainish bull bars wont fit the thai models apart from that its just little exsterior and interior diffrences
cheers dan

Nice work Nissan, make 2 different vehicles and call them the same. 40% of parts probably dont interchange.

Dave.

thanks guys. think this will do me. ill let you know if i can make the Thai bar fit to a Spanish STX. ill post some pics and stuff if i end up doin it.

i wonder how they compare to the frontier ?? the front end of the frontier D40 is a little bit different to the D40. i wonder if it matches one of them or is it different again ;)

Does anybody no If a ARB deluxe bar that has come of a 2005 pathy R51 will fit a D40 RX ?? or is it not compatible because of the mounting points or because one is tai bulit and the other spanish?

Id be more worried about insurance fitting a bullbar designed for another vehicle.

Dave.

id like to add if only nissan dealers and the nissan phone support actualy knew anything about parts etc the nissan suport ph guy said is the Navara D40 a sedan or ute ? Click

If its a 2010 stx it will be different again the chassis is a bit longer and the mounts are different to an 09 spanish built one. The guy that fitted mine had 3 d40's in his shop 1 thai and 2 spanish and they were all different.

I wish to ask on a STX spain buit model has any one fitted a nissan bullbar 0r nudge bar
the nissan dealer says the bull bar (nissan one) fits over the front bar not require it to be cut to bit does any one know ... also in the nissan parts guide it says if u fit the bar and lights it is required to update the front springs ???

do you need to cut the front bumper to fit the nissan centre nudge bar ?

the bumper has the genuine drive lights in the bumper fitted

any info is welcomed

The Nissan alloy bull bar and nudge bar do not require the cutting of the plastic bumber but the steel bar does. IMHO I simply would not fit one of those ugly.....did I say UGLY.....alloy thingys to my truck.

I fitted my own alloy bull bar to my ST-X and the front bumper gets cut to make it fit. To fit the steel bar you get to cut even more of the front bar. The Nudge bar only has 2 holes drilled in to the bumper from memory
NavaraMods098.jpg

The cut is below the body line that runs around the front bumper

Back