Lcmp i came, i saw i conquered , then it conquered me.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kickars2

Reaction score
Hey guy's i got back from cruiser park yesterday.
it was a great trip had an absolute ball of a time.
drove alot of track's,
now the bad part.

THE DAMAGE REPORT::::
1 x right hand side cv
2 x mtz's tyre's
2 x bash plate mounts
2 x bull bar mounts
1 x dual battery isolator

bull bar got done going through this hole at the bottom of telecome hill, i had a front right wheel about a meter off the ground, all i could see was the sky.

1 tyre was from a nail in it and it must have spun on a rock and ripped a lug out.

other happened saturday night some time. see photo's below
i dont know if it can be fixed or not.
DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

the CV was done on the red steep part of jim's jump up i made it up there during the day but i forgot to drop the pressure in the spare tyre on the rear so i think that didn't help and i made it up went to turn and bang, it's shattered, so it was 2wd from then on.

bash plate was from a track that goes off club rally 2 tree's crossing the road, the cruiser in front went around then which i didn't see so i went over them and they hit the back of the bash plate.

an the isolator just stopped working.

ill get some photo's and video's from the trip up on here
all in all it was a great trip and would do it again.
one question about the cv's did yas have to take the brake's off to replace them or can ya get them out just through the hub?

Last edited:
i had alot of people very surprised at where it could go and with what ease it did it.

Wow, sounds like a fun but expensive weekend. Did you end up getting the front lokka in yet mate or still on order. That tyre might be alright, if it hasn't cut the canvas you might be able to just glue that flap back, otherwise it will make a good spare.

I think you'll find anything in the side wall of the tyre isn't good and should be thrown away as it decreases side wall flex and strength. You might find yourself off the road or even worse if it blows out around a bend.....

yeah i dont know much about it ah.
ill see what the other tyre place's say.
and will go from there.

some good tracks out there. im glad i didnt do as much damage as you did tho!

nah i din't do cruiser canyon ah.
but i did timber jackhill and prado parade beside it,

yeah this is the first cv in nearly 3 year's and i think that's a pretty good run.
cause one of the other guys that was with us he bought his 2002 hilux the same week i got my navara and he has done 5 cv's in that time.
were thinking about heading out there for easter ah.

well i talked to one of the other tyre shop's.
and he said cause nothing has touched the cord's and there is no damage to it,
that it can be fixed so it's there now, he said it's going to get re cooked over night.
and it will be fine so i pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Ouch, considered going the R200A route like Josh.

I am assuming you drive alot harder then me off road so the extra strength wouldn't go astray.

Dave.

Kickars2, what were you doing when the diff went? i did everything bar the diff when i did the swap

i was driving up the red extreme part of jim's jump up,
forgot to let the tyre pressure down on the spare i had on.
and i had a fair few stubbies under my belt so it was probably that and the right foot,
cause i made it up there earlier in the day first time and it was the 5th time i got up there and did the diff.
if i go the R180 diff and have the lokka i wont be flogging it as much.

Good to know that the tyre can be repaired.
5 cv in the hilux ive heard they are not to crash hot.
where is cruiser park?

Last edited:
it's near jimna in queensland,
i go there through kilkivian,
actually driving into kilkivian on the friday night a owl must have seen a bug cause of the light's and flew down. and he hit dead square the middle of the window.
it scared the sh!t out of us i put my arm up thinking it was coming through the window.
it hit hard enough to knock the gps off the my side of the windscreen.

Latest posts

Back