Headlight globes.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafnav

Reaction score
Just picked up my new D40 ST yesterday. Really happy. Already modifying it, got some new King steel rims fitted with BFG A/T, looks great. Now trying to put some better globes in the headlights as I thought low beam was pretty average, only problem is I can't get the old ones out!!! Have read the instructions and followed them but I don't want to cause any damage. According to the manual you simply squeeze the outer edge and pull out, I've applied a fair amount of force but they won't budge.
Any advice would be much appreciated.
Cheers:cheers!:

Not sure mate but I am sure a hammer will help. Lol.

Dave's disclaimer, dont use a hammer as it ain't good for the headlights and I take no responsibilty for broken headlights.

Dave.

Yeah Ichanged mine and from memory they were really tight in there, pull it harder worst the can happen you'll break the old ones!!!

I changed mine a couple of weeks ago. You need to follow the instructions exactly. I had the same problem as you, they just would not move. Once you get the large rubber gasket out of the way, it is a breeze. They recommend taking the battery out, but you don't need to, just remove the clamps & push it out of the way.
Once you do one, the second is a lot easier.
Good luck, Phil

Back