Cameron's Corner / Birdsville

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason

Reaction score
I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Cameron's Corner & Birdsville, the route at the moment is:

Brisbane - Toowoomba - St George - Cunnamulla - Tibooburra - Cameron's Corner - Innamincka - Birdsville - Windorah - Charleville - Roma - Brisbane.

It's about 3600 k's and 50 hours driving time, will probably do it over 2 weeks.

ScreenShot002.jpg

Anyone done a similar route? Things to see? Dates you travelled? Suggest changes to the route?

trip west

Yeah Jason looks a great trip other option is go brissy to Goondiwindi across to Nindigully hotel then St George( boring drive from toowoomba to stgeorge and if go via g/windi about the same distance )then Cunnumulla stop at the date farm at Eulo side track into Yowa opal mines the to thargo then to Nocundra (camp down by the waterhole and walk up to the pub)then on to the corner .All great country out that way Have not been to Innaminka for a few years good fishing on the cooper to
Chris

Best check the road conditions, due to the outback floods I think a lot of the roads are closed.

Yeah I will be ringing some locals, especially teh general store at CC.

Still, I'm planning this a fair way out so plenty of time yet, maybe go early next year or Christmas?

Yeah heata, towing a camper trailer.

Not quite ready for the Simpson yet Matt ha ha, it will be a family trip, you guys interested in coming? I may need you to do some welding on the Camper for me, needs slight reconfig.

Yeah heata, towing a camper trailer.

Not quite ready for the Simpson yet Matt ha ha, it will be a family trip, you guys interested in coming? I may need you to do some welding on the Camper for me, needs slight reconfig.

Yeah mate just let me know what you need, we will do it on a saturday morning or something.

I would love the trip but I don't reckon the missus would. Are there any 5 star hotels along the way? lol

Jason, what type of camper trailer do you have? and are you happy with it? I'm in the market for one.

I have an Outback Camper Trailer, quite basic compared to some of the ones you can get now, I didn't want to spend mega bucks though.

IMG_3270Large.jpg

IMG_2653Large.jpg

IMG_4136Large.jpg

Note the banana lounge folding up on my young bloke ha ha ha.

thanks for posting pics, that's the type of thing I'm after. sounds like a new thread! good luck with the trip.

I'd be doing it for the races, first weekend in September.
And definitely going across the Simpson.
I got stuck in Birdsville with a broken airplane for a week last year, shitfully boring

is much of it dirt driving or is most of it bitumen driving?
it wouldn't be a bad trip, is there many site out there to see?

That's the sort of thing I want to see! Thinking about putting it off until September next year so I can do the Birdsville Races thing as well. Going to Thailand this September.

That's the sort of thing I want to see! Thinking about putting it off until September next year so I can do the Birdsville Races thing as well. Going to Thailand this September.

September is better than December/January. Although mid winter is probably the safest time to travel in Western Qld because plenty of others are doing the same.

Heavy rain is more likely in summer too. This is Windorah in early January 2009

153ra7s.jpg

11cdqno.jpg

2rhxxr4.jpg

Back