Dealership Troubles

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40KC

Reaction score
hey everyone - i just had to vent...

avoid berwick nissan like the plague!! they call you 10 times a day before you sign up and then after you put pen to paper - the only time you hear from them is the following day after you leave a message on their answering machine!!

this wouldn't bother me IF they had some information on what was happening with my $50,000 car! i'd hate to imagine the service i'd get if i'd bought a micra. firstly i get told i'll have my new D40 king cab prior to the queens bday weekend, this didn't happen. then i get told last week my car was having the snorkel and towbar fitted....i was stoked something was finally happening to it. i stopped in at the dealership where it was delivered too and it was still in the same bloody spot that it was 2 weeks ago!!!!

i approached the lady in charge of organising new car delivery tonight and not only was she quite rude and short (i was not exactly nice, i'm so frustrated i still don't have my car) she then tells me she'd rang the company doing the alloy tray last week and they said they couldn't do it til next month - she never thought to call and tell me.

again sorry for the whinge but is it really that hard to make a phone call these days???????

thanks guys.

I feel your pain .I had similar issues when I first ordered my truck. Call them up and just tell them straight that they havent delivered so your going to cancel the order and go elsewhere. That should wake them up.If they havent delivered on any of their promises then just tell them your not going to wait any longer. If they cant deliver your truck fully fitted by Friday then you will want your deposit back and you will go elsewhere.Tell them your already paying interrest on the finance so they are costing you money.They all seem to think they have us over a barrel.

I have bought from Ferntree Gully Nissan and also Northern Motors in Bundoora and they have both been good. I had to wait a month for my D22 from Northern but there was a shortage at the time .

I got my D40 from Glen Waverley Nissan last week and they were fantastic, kept me informed every step of the way. Give them a call, speak to Raymond.
I know it was probably just luck but I got mine earlier than the delivery date.
Good luck.

Both my family and I have been treated well at Berwick Nissan previously and we've brought 5 cars from them in 12 years but last year when buying the Nav the service was exactly the same as what you are talking about D40KC. I got no help, the salesman was reasonable but his "go-to guy" was not even interested in price matching against another Nissan dealers advertised prices. Up until the last few years for new cars we've always dealt with Malcolm and he's been a good and reasonable salesman but last year when he wasn't around they proved just how useless the rest of them are.

Going by what someone else said in another thread Berwick are still substantially cheaper at servicing than the regional dealers I have to contend with, but since I don't rely on dealer servicing it's not a huge issue to me but it does show that in atleast one area they are better than someone.

same with dandenong.. bad service!

they called twice a day until we came in and signed.

then said two week wait.

wanted 2 new st-x's (140kw versions) we signed there thinking it was a good deal, but i couldnt have black until january so i had to get white.

then brighton beat the price by 2k each, so we went back and told dandenong to match-they wouldnt do it.

so then we threatened to use cooling off period form we signed and pay the 1k penalty in spite. Response was "i made a mistake, there is no cooling off period on commercial vehicles, you cant get out, the form you signed is not valid, i am a new salesperson i made a mistake"

then, they called and said one had arrived, but the nudge bar, headlamp covers,bonnet protectors dont fit, wont have the rights part for 2 months.

this is after they PROMISED the parts from the old st-x would fit. even though i showed them on the web site they were different part numbers (2010 st-x has a different nose)

on that, we cancelled our order right there and then, went to rex gorell in geelong and re ordered our 2 new navaras. they knew about the parts not fitting and told us straight up they wont fit and there will be a wait. cars were cheaper, acc were cheaper.

overall, much better service.

Just picked up a new d22 today from dandenong. I ordered last week and was promised delevery by end fin. year however had to push very hard to get it 5.30 today. and keyless entry / cruise wont be fitted until next week, canopy for three weeks. Their price was best, and two other dealers weren't intersted in price matching. Some dealers claimed a 6 week wait for any color. I would agree with incorp, their product knowledge was limited.

If anyone want's A1 service, Yarra Valley nissan in Croydon.
Speak with either Derrick or Geoff. they are both very helpful. The only time they called me was after i had placed my deposit and that was to inform me of how we were looking for pick up time. I also had a guy call me asking if i would like a quote on insurance or finance which was great. The next phone call i had was from the girl who issues the Car rego, she said i would need this prior to pick up so i can organise insurance.
I would use this dealer again and again, and will tell friends and family to use them.
You will be happy buying from Yarra valley

Just goes to show how two people can be treated differently by the same person. I went to Croydon 12 months ago because they were advertising new Nav's at an RRP of $4K less than other dealers I'd spoken to, I spoke to Derrick on the phone and he assured me the price was right and that it was worth my while coming down from Gippsland cause he'd do a good deal. When I got there he offered $6K less on the trade in than others had and while his RRP price stayed the same his add on parts were nearly double what everyone else was charging and he had a 4 month wait on getting the cars to Australia. Two days later and a new month started and all dealers were dropping the prices to the same RRP for a monthly sale and I came out of the deal with a different dealer nearly $8k in front (if you believe all their stupid dealer prices of course).

Back